Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you have a mobile on your crib?

I'm trying to avoid the items will just be added clutter and not worth the money.  what do you think about crib mobiles?  I see most decent ones run $40 or so.  Is that worth it for your baby?  I figure my baby plays with the toys that hang on her bouncer, and on her carseat, and on her playmat...so does it seem I could do without one on her crib?

Re: Do you have a mobile on your crib?

• We have one and I think that they are really only used for such a short time.  DS didn't notice his until around 2 months and then in a couple of months when he can pull himself up, it has to go.  HOWEVER, he is really interested in it and it gives him something to look at while we try desperately to get him to fall asleep in there. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • We have a FP rainforest soothie. That thing is awesome!

DS has a mobile on his crib at daycare made by tinylove. He loves it!

• Loading the player...
  • yes, while we co-sleep and he doesn't use it, he does love it! I made sure to get one with nature sounds....he will take naps and let me go to the bathroom.
  • ds likes his--we also have paper lanterns above his crib-he seems to love looking at them...my advice to save $$ is to find them at second hand baby stores or garage sales--even Ebay has cheap ones..I think it's worth it, if you can afford it.
  • We have a pretty basic one and DD likes to look at it. It doesn't do anything to put her to sleep but it keeps her entertained for a while while I clean up her room or go to the bathroom, etc. etc. I wouldn't spend a lot on one.. in fact, it was a gift.
  • DS LOVES his mobile and has ever since he was 3 weeks old. Even now, every time me sees it he starts giggling and waving his arms at it.?

That being said, he also likes the one above his swing. If you really don't want to buy one, your baby will never miss it.

Personally, I love having one.?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• imageCelticWife:

DS LOVES his mobile and has ever since he was 3 weeks old. Even now, every time me sees it he starts giggling and waving his arms at it. 

That being said, he also likes the one above his swing. If you really don't want to buy one, your baby will never miss it.

Personally, I love having one. 

wow, your baby giggles at 2 months and 6 days????

• We decided to go the soother route.  We got one that plays music and has a light show.  DD likes it a lot and she always falls asleep to the classical and lullaby selections.  When she's awake, she watches the lights, jabbers, and waves her arms around, so it's a crowd pleaser.  :)
  • We have one and DD loves it. We got it for about $20 on clearance at Babies R Us. Look for a sale one. I like having it... and am glad we got it. What was a waste of money was the bedding set.
  • We have a safari themed mobile in his crib.  Right now, DS just looks and focuses on it every once in a while.  I think he's still too young to enjoy it though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"