Cincinnati Babies
Options

**deeregirl31**

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience with the sleep sense program with me a few weeks ago! We started it with DD 3 weeks ago and she is sleeping soo much better now.  She did better than I expected from the start. And now, for the past week I just lay her in bed and walk out and she goes to sleep on her own.  Naps of course are a whole different story!   Thank you so much!!!!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: **deeregirl31**

• Options

::butting in::

Do you have her out of a crib and in another type of bed? How much CIO does it involve? CIO doesn't work with DD.

• Options

She is still in her crib, but up until a few weeks ago I would hold her until she fell asleep. Then I would put her in bed and she would wake up immediately - often it took 2 or 3 hours. Lots of night wakings.  Now she STTN and falls asleep on her own.

I read the online book The Sleep Sense Program by Dana Obleman.  Basically the first few nights we put her in the crib and sat next to it until she fell asleep. We would pat her off and on and say it's night night time until she fell asleep. It took 45 min the first couple of nights.  After a few nights, we moved the chair to the middle of the room and patted her less often and spoke a little less often. And after a few nights of that we moved the chair to the opposite side of the room (the book says next to the door, but that is next to her crib!). The book basically says not to go to them or talk to them at all at this point, but I could not do this.  But she really did not need much by then. Oh, the book also says to switch off every 30 min with DH, but Maleah is really attatched to me at bed time, so I did most of it.

For us it did not involve a lot of CIO (more fussing), but definately some! And I felt better about sitting with her for support! 

If you have any more questions just page me!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, had a busy day today. I am SO HAPPY to hear that things are working out well for you with the program. It is just so crazy that 2months ago we were having to wake 6x a night and now 0!!.

We had problems with naps for a while, because she could see me, but now she is starting to go down easy especially when I put her sock monkey in the crib with her. She never had a lovey until about 2wks ago and now she does and it is working!!

Congratulations!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"