Parenting
Options

We're officially moving to Boston

DH accepted the job and has already booked our Budget moving truck for the end of June. Holy crap. Back across the country we go!
imageimage
Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
"Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church

Re: We're officially moving to Boston

• Options
    Wow! ?We'd better start having some play dates soon before it's too late! LOL
  • Options
    wow. how exciting! oh man I wish we would move somewhere :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats (I think)!

Are you excited?

Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • Options
    Awww!  Congrats!  I hope the move goes smoothly (or, at least as smoothly as a transcontinental move can go!).
  • Options
    It's good in some ways and really scary in others. We're moving for a one-year position that is supposed to turn into something permanent, but there are no guarantees. The thing is that this is DH's dream job, so we're thinking it's worth the gamble. I surely hope it pays off!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ooh exciting. You'll be *closer* to me.

• Options

imagebelle204:
    Ooh exciting. You'll be *closer* to me.

I sure will! I might have to come down there for a vacation.

imageimage
  • Options
    OMG, but like I said in your 1st post, I loved Boston.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

Holy Moly!

Thats great!, right??

• Options
    that's so cool!  I wish I were moving=( 
  • Options

Yay Femme!  We're excited to have you here!! =)  Let me know if you need anything on this end to prepare for the move!  I'm happy to help!

and btw...your new sig pics are SO cute!

Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    I am so so so so so so so incredibly jealous, I can't even describe it!
  • Options
    Welcome!  Other than the COL (well, and the snow) Boston is AWESOME.  It is a GREAT place to live with kids.  We live in the burbs, but lived in the city for 8 years first.  Feel free to page me with any questions! 
  • Options
    That's great!  I remember you from your MM budget post.  Boston is amazing~
  • Options
    congratulations! Boston is FANTASTIC (Okay, I'm a bit partial!) We live right outside of town (Arlington), so I'm pretty familiar with the city itself and the surrounding areas; if you would like any suggestions/feedback on areas that you're considering, let me know... I'd be happy to help.
    A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! I'll definitely ask if we have questions. I'm kind of excited!
    imageimage
  • Options

Oh, and as far as the COL goes, it's definitely not as bad as Santa Monica. We've been researching rents and it looks like we'd be paying around a third of what we're paying now. Score!

We'll be living just outside the city, most likely.

imageimage
  • Options
    How exciting! Keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"