Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I'm SO sick of these "uh oh...the mailman!" comments!

I just recently shared our online photo album of DS with our family members and my former co-workers, and so far SIX people have already made comments about DS having red hair and how neither myself or DH do. 

If one more person suggests/jokes/hints at anything having to do with someone other than DH being the father of my child, I swear they will rue the day!    (yes, I just used that phrase)    :)

Re: I'm SO sick of these "uh oh...the mailman!" comments!

• Wow, I know they probably mean no harm but I think those types of jokes are pretty rude! I'm sorry you have to deal with that, I would probably be about to blow up too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree, I'm sure they mean no harm....they just think it's cute/funny (kind of like all the HORRIBLE things people say to women when they are pregnant and they don't think twice how rude they are being!) but I'm sorry you're hearing these things!  My parents got the same thing.....I was born with black hair and by the time I was 6 months old it was flaming fire engine red....and my mom had blond hair and dad had dark dark brown hair...go figure! :)
    Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Your post made me chuckle since I am in the exact same boat.  I have blonde hair, DH has brown, and DS' hair seems to have a hint of red.  Just today, I got the first comment about the milkman. 
  • Eh.  I am the only one in my family with red hair, and my dad used to joke with people that it came from the milkman.  I was embarassingly old before I realized what he meant and that drinking milk did NOT give you red hair.

I guess my point is that this is just one of those eternal "funny" comments (much like the twins question when you are hugely pg) so just try to let it roll off and not affect you since you can't stop it.  I'm sure no one actually believes that your DH is not the father! =)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That's horrible!  Just tell them that red hair is a recessive trait.  It might not be a fun, smartass comment, but it might shut them up.
  • Im tired of the " she looks like her daddy, theres no denying hes the father"...I know its a figure if speech but when you hear it twice a day it gets real annoying. 1. hes not denying his baby and 2. Im not a wh0re
  • imageTricia107:
    Im tired of the " she looks like her daddy, theres no denying hes the father"...I know its a figure if speech but when you hear it twice a day it gets real annoying. 1. hes not denying his baby and 2. Im not a wh0re

I couldn't help but LOL at that last sentence. Only cause I feel your pain.  :)

• Our DD has redish hair and we don't know where it comes from.  Thankfully she has her Daddy's cleft chin, so no one can deny the paternity! 
    imageimage 
  • luckly my mailman is asian.  My DD has very light hair and it has a reddish tint to it.  I have medium brown hair and DH has dark brown.  She also has dark green eyes.  Not sure where she came from, but she is mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG I hear ya!  DD also has red hair and neither DH or I do so we get that comment a lot.  I am so sick of answering "we don't know" when they ask where the red hair came from.  Maybe we should fix our kids up and see what color hair our grandkids have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know how you feel.  DD has light hair with hints of red.  It is not so much our family (we all know where she gets in from) my mom and other members on BOTH sides have red hair.  but complete strangers will comment on it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"