Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Question about the mini-pill

I am no longer BF'ing DD as of yesterday...  And am due to start a new pack of pills.  I have 1 more pack of the mini-pill (at home), and a prescription for my regular BCP at the pharmacy.  If I take the mini-pill and am not BF'ing, is it still as effective?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Question about the mini-pill

• Options
    nope. effectiveness drops waaaay down. My OB told me to call and switch as soon as I stopped BF.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    OB said with regular pill, 2 or 3 will get pregnant with perfect use. With the mini pill, 4 or 6 will get pregnant with perfect use. I am on mini pill and not BFing. Can't take regular pill.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

unless you want to take the risk of getting pg I would defintely switch to your regular pill, the mini pill isn't worthless without BF but it isn't as effective as the real stuff.

If you are BF at all, even once a day then you need to stay on the mini pill

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"