Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping Schedule?

When should I start a sleeping schedule for Madison? Not sure if sleeping schedule is the best definition... What I mean is when to start a pre-sleep ritual? Like bath, bottle, read/music/etc? And what worked for you?

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Sleeping Schedule?

• We started around 1 1/2 months, but that's because we were in survival mode before that. ?It was go with the flow before that. ?We give DS a bath, massage & bottle every night before bed. ?So he knows this is the LONG sleep!
  • We started at 4 weeks but due to holiday traveling things were pretty crazy from 6 - 10 weeks until we were back home.  I can't remember the exact age but I think it is recommended that you not bathe them too often until possibly 8 weeks.  If a bath is going to be part of your routine you might want to check on that.  She is too cute!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I forgot to add what works for us.  About an hour before bedtime she will have quiet playtime either in her bed or on ours with one or both of us for 15 minutes, followed by a bath, lotion, pajamas, sometimes a book (depending on how we are doing time wise) and her last feeding.  This is all done with the lamp on instead of the overhead and some quiet music playing.  She sleeps 4-5 hours, wakes up for a quick feeding and then sleeps for another 7 hours.
  • Wow sounds great lbaby08! I hope things with Madison works for us as well as it's worked for you! Thanks for the advice!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks!  People are going to think I work for the publishing company I have recommended this book so many times (which I don't!) but The No-Cry Sleep Solution worked miracles for us.  She was a pretty good sleeper before I started using the techniques in the book but now she is a great sleeper.  Of course, we have off days/nights but for the most part it is wonderful.  The author is Elizabeth Pantley if you are interested. 

• My best friend just gave me that book! I haven't started reading it yet, but I'll be starting tomorrow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagelbaby08:
    About an hour before bedtime she will have quiet playtime... for 15 minutes, followed by a bath, lotion, pajamas,...and her last feeding.  This is all done with the lamp on instead of the overhead.

We started this routine when DS was about 4 weeks old and it's worked well for us.  He'll sleep 6 to 8 hours, wake up for a quick feeding, and then sleep for another 4 or 5 hours.  We'll incorporate books when he's a little older. 

• Great!  I hope you like it and it works for you.  Take the chance to read it now when she is still little - Madeline needs alot more attention at this age than she did then.  I hardly have 5 minutes to pick up a book now.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"