Trying to Get Pregnant

Since we were on such a pet topic...

Does anyone elses dog prefer that you are close by when they eat? I will be upstairs with my pup and when I go downstairs is when he comes down and eats. He even looks up to make sure I am around in between bites. Is this odd?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Since we were on such a pet topic...

• not sure why but Roo does it too. like if i feed him, ill go potty and he'll come and stick his head in the door...to make sure? i guess...
  • Our dog likes company, he usually eats when we eat, its cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • My dog stops eating when we are around... her food is in the kitchen, so if we go in there she focuses on what we are doing in case we drop anything good. When we are eating, she lays in front of us and stares until we are done to see if she will get any of our food. Once she knows she isn't going to, she goes and eats her own food.
  • I don't think it's odd just a preference.  I leave treats out for my dog all day and she won't eat them until both DH and I get home from work and only if she's hungry. 

I'm pretty sure my dog was the runt of the litter because she grabs a mouthful of food and walks a couple feet away from the bowl before she eats it.......I only have one dog right now.......she cracks us up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, we live in a 1-bedroom apartment, so we never get too far. But my beagle has funny eating habits - she always eats her kibble one at a time, 4 bites each. And she turns her head away from the bowl a little... we don't know her background, but we think she might have been the runt, so maybe she had to protect her food in order to eat!
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brady HAS to be in the bathroom with me always or he sits by the door waiting, but he won't just go downstairs and eat alone. lol
  • That is a little odd.  Mine could care less where I was just as long as there was food in front of them.  Although if Molly knows we have company and doesn't want to be in her cage... she won't eat her treat while in there as a boycott of some sort.
  • imageKdonn15:

I don't think it's odd just a preference.  I leave treats out for my dog all day and she won't eat them until both DH and I get home from work and only if she's hungry. 

I'm pretty sure my dog was the runt of the litter because she grabs a mouthful of food and walks a couple feet away from the bowl before she eats it.......I only have one dog right now.......she cracks us up!

LOL, we were typing at the same time, apparently!

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTarheelsInNJ:
    imageKdonn15:

I don't think it's odd just a preference.  I leave treats out for my dog all day and she won't eat them until both DH and I get home from work and only if she's hungry. 

LOL, we were typing at the same time, apparently!

I know too funny!  I definitely think she eats this way because it was always a rush to get food and keep it when she was the smallest in a group of dogs all feeding at once.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our dog does this, too! We'll feed him first thing in the morning, and when I come home at the end of the day, all of his food is still there. Once I sit down, he runs to his bowl, eats, begs for more food, and stops every 4-5 bites to make sure I'm there.
    image BabyFruit Ticker}
  • As I type this, Coco is just now starting to eat. She will not touch her food if we're not around where her food is. Even if her food bowl is in the other room, she'll grab a few pieces in her mouth, come to wherever we are, drop those kernels, and eat them, etc. She's a strange one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My moms dog does the one bite at a time, but Brady will get a mouthful and walk away from his dish drop it and eat a couple pieces at once. These dogs are all so crazy!!
  • Our dog will not eat if we are gone.....we could be gone all day and when we get home his food will still be in his bowl.  Once we get home then he eats like he was starving all day....haha
  • One of my pugs will bring a mouthful of kibble (unchewed) and drop it on the floor wherever I am and then eat it there.  It's kind of hilarious...one time I was in the shower and she just kept bringing little bits of her kibble to eat on the shower mat.  She never makes a mess and eats every last one, to a point where sometimes she'll sniff around the area for a good 5 minutes to make sure she hasn't missed one!  She was a runt too, so maybe that explains it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"