Georgia Babies

Bathing Suits....

Ok I am starting to think about this depressing shopping trip. My pre pg suits are bikinis which I cannot get back into post baby atleast IMO. I also want to do a swim class with Colin pre pool opening. I am thinking that my solution to the whole bikini thing is to get a 1 piece bandeau top suit and a tankini. I plan to get a few b/c I will pretty much be at the pool all summer.

There is one on Jcrew.com that I love but it's online only and $80 bucks. Which is fine I want a good suit that will be flattering and hold up. SO, where do you/have you bought your bathing suits? How much do you usually spend? I will look in target too b/c my mat bathing suit from there last year was great. I just want to feel like I look good this summer post baby since I will be at the pool A LOT. I have never cared this much but it's kind of depressing that I can't just resume the use of my cute pre-baby suits so I am feeling like I will never have a cute suit again b/c of the shift in style....

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bathing Suits....

• I got a tankini for my swim lessons when Grant was 6mos...got it from Target and it help up well. I also found one at Kohls (it was the Chaps by RL) and was nice. I'm determined to get back into my bikini this summer (hence the crazy working out I've been doing...) but will probably put on my tankini and ease back into the bikini ;)
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • I like the lands end suits.....check em out to see if you like them.  I have never been a bikini girl, so pretty much go with the tankini or one piece.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to get a swimsuit when Maja was 5 weeks old and I went to that store at Lenox (Swim'n'sport or something like that) and I picked out a tankini... covers my butt stretch marks and the top covers my tiger stripe (aka linea negra). I did it while in Atlanta the first time :)

Anyway, I wanted to get something that was really nice so I wouldn't have to feel crappy anout a crappy body in a crappy outfit, KWIM? so by all means, go splurge on something cause that will give you a boost :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageagmaso:

Anyway, I wanted to get something that was really nice so I wouldn't have to feel crappy anout a crappy body in a crappy outfit, KWIM? so by all means, go splurge on something cause that will give you a boost :)

YES!! I totally know what you mean, which is why I am definitely up for investing a little bit of $ if I have to. Also, b/c the  "I had a baby..a year ago..." no longer seems like an excuse KWIM? LOL.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lauren- I am in the boat with you on this.  I LOVED my pg body and was never ashamed of how I looked in my swim suit.  In fact, I was so proud!!  Prouder than I was before pg and I was thin!!  Now, its just depressing.  Polly left me with a fairly large "love pouch" my OB says probably will never completely go away bc of how she grew.  Anyway, I have a nursing swimsuit I bought at Motherhood Maternity for $10 I wear right now and I don't feel too awful in it, but I am going to the pool to work out and there are lots of fat old ladies there for water aerobics so I don't feel as bad, but summertime poolside would be a different story.  I am going to check into Lands End where they have the kinds of swimsuits that supposedly suck in all your fat pouchy places.....hahaha.
  • Lol... I'm sure you look waaay better then what you think you do!

Check that store out (I think they have other locations too)... back when I was there they had lots of sizes and styles :)

imageMrsL1022:

imageagmaso:

YES!! I totally know what you mean, which is why I am definitely up for investing a little bit of $ if I have to. Also, b/c the  "I had a baby..a year ago..." no longer seems like an excuse KWIM? LOL.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah my pre preggo suits were string bikinis... and I dont see wearing one in the near future. Maybe after I am done having kids and have my plastic surgery... haha.  I am going to buy a tent, cut a whole in the top and that will be my suit for the summer (kidding).  I am in the process of looking for a bathingsuit too. I may order a tankini off of VS.com too and look in the stores.
  • I had a bathing suit from target that i loved and had to give away when i shrank out of it - should have kept it. it had to be at least 4 years old and still looked great.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Lands End has great bathing suits and they are excellent quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"