Success after IF
Options

Pasta Fagioli- Yummy!!!

I made Pasta Fagioli soup today in the crockpot (based on Olive Garden) and it was soooooo yummy. The preparation was pretty easy, and then it just cooked it the crock pot for a while. (We changed it around a little to suit what we like- added mushrooms and peppers and parmesan cheese- took out the beans). We also made breadsticks with it and I highly suggest you try it!!! :o)

--1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
--1/2 large red onion, chopped
--1 cup carrots, chopped
--2 celery stalks, sliced
--2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (and juice)
--1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

--1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
--4 cups beef broth (check label for gluten!)
--1 jar (16.5 oz) pasta sauce

--2 tsp oregano

--1 T Tabasco sauce
--1/2 tsp salt

--1/4 tsp black pepper

--1/2 cup dry pasta, to add at end of cooking time (I used TJ's brown rice fusilli)

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart or larger crockpot, or cut the recipe in half. This makes a lot.

Brown the meat on the stovetop, and drain well. Let it cool a bit.

Chop up the carrots, onion, and celery. Add it to the empty crockpot.
Drain and rinse the beans, and add them. Add the whole cans of tomatoes, and the pasta sauce. Add the beef broth. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and Tobasco sauce. Stir in your meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. When the vegetables are tender, stir in the 1/2 cup of dry pasta.

Cover and cook for another hour on low, or until the pasta is tender.
It will swell quite a bit.

Re: Pasta Fagioli- Yummy!!!

• Options
    I love the Pasta Fagioli soup at Olive Garden! Now I am craving it. I will have to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yum that sounds great!! Thanks
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yum! Will have to try this out :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That sounds soooo good!!!
  • Options
    Glad you had a yummy dinner.  I just had to laugh though because "fagioli" means beans, so if you took out the beans I don't know what to call it.  :)
  • Options

imagerispergirl:
    Glad you had a yummy dinner.  I just had to laugh though because "fagioli" means beans, so if you took out the beans I don't know what to call it.  :)

I was just thinking the same thing. Big Smile

Glad it was yummy, though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"