Babies: 0 - 3 Months

vent...

My brother's kids have never taken a pacifier.  Mostly because they've never really tried to give them one.  Which is fine by me...but today I put DS down for a nap in the crib awake w/ a pacifier and he put himself to sleep, and my brother was like "He still uses a pacifier? Isn't he a little old for that?" 

Really?  5 months is too old?  Annoying...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: vent...

• image?Did you laugh & ask if he was serious?

My brother asked DH what baby powder was at the last family event... btw, my brother has two kids and one on the way.
  • I hate annoying little comments like that from family.  Over the Christmas holidays we spent several days with my parents, and my brother and his wife were there.  Every time we put dd down for a nap or nighttime we played her white noise machine, and my brother and his wife could not get over the fact that she needed a white noise machine- "Um, ok, so what's the purpose of that again??"  I could go on and on about disapproving comments we've heard from family about various things.  It's so annoying, but I just explain why we're doing what we're doing and stand behind our decisions 100%.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I get comments about the white noise machine too! 

Also, I found out today that my brother and sis in law let their kids fall asleep in front of TV every night instead of any kind of bedtime routine.  Nice.

• Oh, and my brother and his wife don't even have kids yet!  They complain about so much that we do and dh and I just laugh and are like "You'll see..."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, and one more thing...he thought it was so terrible that we brought DS into bed with us once last week (he had a horrible cold and was having trouble breathing and we were worried about him).  I can't believe they've never done this when their babies were newborns...we used to do it all the time when he wouldn't go back to sleep!  I don't think it's a bad thing...
  • imageJ+O:
    My brother asked DH what baby powder was at the last family event... btw, my brother has two kids and one on the way.

In all fairness to your brother, most parenting classes and doctors now do not recommend the use of baby powder because it can be harmful to baby's lungs. So maybe he and his wife don't use it? But in general I understand what you are saying.

• My SIL's boyfriend will take them out of a kids mouth! He hasn't done it to mine but he has done it to my BIL's. I honestly don't think he would have the balls to do anything to DS. He knows I will kick his arse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"