Babies: 0 - 3 Months

sleeping through the night

Our peanut is still just 2 weeks, so we don't expect her to sleep through the night yet.  I was just curious how long it took for your little ones to make it through the night.

Thanks mamas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: sleeping through the night

• She started going 5 hours (which is technically sttn) at 5 weeks.  She really started sttn, 8-10 hours, at 8 weeks. 

ETA: We've been blessed so far with a great sleeper, but I just know any night now our luck will come to a screeching halt, lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll let you know when it happens. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe the technical definition of STTN is 6 or more hours.  Going by that, DS didn't STTN until he was about 5 weeks old.  This is when we started our bath, bottle, and rock bedtime routine.  He goes down anywhere from 6 to 7:15pm and will sleep anywhere from 12:30 to 3am.  It all depends on how much he ate before going down for the night and how exhausted he is.  

• 11 weeks, then she got a cold and it took her a few weeks to get back on track. Now she sttn almost every night.
  • DS slept 5+ hours around 8-10 weeks (can't remember exactly).  He still doesn't STTN consistenly....he does it about once a week now.  Just gets up once a night to eat usually.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemavs_girl07:

She started going 5 hours (which is technically sttn) at 5 weeks.  She really started sttn, 8-10 hours, at 8 weeks. 

ETA: We've been blessed so far with a great sleeper, but I just know any night now our luck will come to a screeching halt, lol.

mavs girl: I was JUST thinking the same thing.  As I was writing my reply, I was also knocking on wood and staring at the video monitor just waiting for karma to bite me in the a$$.

• DS started sttn around 8 weeks (8pm-7am) and that lasted until 3.5 months.
  • imageGirlieG:
    imagemavs_girl07:

She started going 5 hours (which is technically sttn) at 5 weeks.  She really started sttn, 8-10 hours, at 8 weeks. 

mavs girl: I was JUST thinking the same thing.  As I was writing my reply, I was also knocking on wood and staring at the video monitor just waiting for karma to bite me in the a$$.

lol, I know.  Hope for the best, expect the worst!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For the past week, DS has sttn. I think it's a?fluke, but I appreciate the sleep while it lasts.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• DD didn't really STTN until we started swaddling around 9 weeks.  Before that she'd sleep about 5 hours, but she wouldn't go down for the night until around 2:00am!  Once we started swaddling, we were able to put her down earlier (like 12:00am) and she'd sleep until around 7:00.  Now she goes down between 9:00pm-10:00pm and sleeps until 7:00am or 8:00am. 
    imageimage 
  • I can't remember when we dropped her 2nd night feeding but I think it was around 8 weeks.  Now she sleeps 4-5 hours, quick feeding and down for another 7 hours or so.  Babies need at least 2 night feedings for awhile so I wouldn't be in any rush.  At 2 weeks I think I was getting up every 2 hours or so, at 4 weeks it moved to 3 hours and so on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • A couple of times now....getting real close!
  • imageGirlieG:
    imagemavs_girl07:

Ditto on all this.  Lately it has been from 8 or 9 pm until 6 or 7 am!  She is a crazy sleeper though but she was also a 10 lb baby and is now pushing 14 lbs so she doesn't really need any night feedings to sustain her weight (per her Dr)

• At 4 months he started sleeping through the night on occasion. Now at almost 6 months, he is still only sleeping (6 to 8 hours) about once a week. We put him to bed at 7ish, so even if he does make 8 hours, it is still in the middle of the night, so I still have to get up. It'll be great when he can walk to the fridge and pour himself a glass of milk! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"