TTC After a Loss

We are so wrong and so bad

Even though the doctor said it's not a big deal, I feel so guilty for having unprotected sex four times since my bleeding stopped last week. Based on O pains, I'm pretty sure I ovulated sometime around Thursday night. And we said that we weren't "really" trying, and whatever happens happens, but I'm hoping SO much that I am pregnant, and I know that if I have another m/c, I'm going to kill myself with the guilt of not waiting until after my first post-m/c AF to try again.

Sorry, just whining.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We are so wrong and so bad

• Can I ask how far along you were when you m/c? Just wondering...
    bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
  • I thought I was 11 w 1 d, but the baby stopped developing around 7 w 3 d.
  • Loading the player...
  • We did that last night, but since my chart seems to show pretty clearly that I'm 5dpo, I think we're safe.

If it makes you feel any better, my OB also said it would not be bad if we did conceive before AF.?

ETA: And I also read a book on miscarriage that said there is no scientific evidence of a higher m/c rate for conceiving that first cycle.?

• My dr said that we could try right away.  He also said that if my body wasn't ready, it wouldn't happen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH & I did the same thing, too. We decided in hast to not use a condom last cycle and it happened to be right when I ovulated. I did not get pg, so I'm pretty sure my body was like - no thanks.

I did go through some guilt about it and even got BW to confirm I was not pregnant before our key west vacation over christmas. I know how you feel.

bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
  • I always do things right, that's what kills me. I always do what I'm supposed to do. My husband wanted to try again right away. I told him that wasn't what we were supposed to do, and he said, "Well, we did everything we were supposed to do last time, and that didn't work out so well." The man had a point. And I've heard the biggest reason to wait is that there's not an accurate LMP by which you can date the pregnancy. Well, I knew my LMP date last time and my O date, and I knew how big the baby should be, and he measured behind, and everyone told me that it was nothing to worry about. So I'm kind of like him in thinking that it doesn't really matter. But then this nagging voice asks me, what if I am not healed well enough from the D&C and I lose this baby?

I feel like a dumb kid who didn't use a condom.

ETA - he measured behind, and everyone told me it was nothing to worry about, but I KNEW something was wrong.

• You would still feel anxiety about these things even if you followed the "rules" and waited one cycle. You'd wonder if you should have waited two like some people say, or if this, or if that. It's unavoidable if you have had a m/c... it's sad that we can't recapture the pure excitement of our first pregnancies, but it's just different now.

Lots of people have done what you did, gotten pregnant, and had healthy babies.?

• Sorry for whining, I know everyone else here played "by the rules" too and still suffered a loss. I am not special!
  • I am totally with you on this. We aren't waiting one cycle. My M/C was so early that had I not tested when I did, I would have never known. I figure if my body is ready, then it will take.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel the same way as your DH.  My DS and DD were both "surprises" and so I didn't know that I was pregnant with them until my period was late so I did lots of drinking on the weekends during those first weeks of my pregnancies and I had the easiest pregnancies both times.  Now this one time where we planned on our baby and I stopped drinking coffee, diet coke, alcohol and took prenatal vitamins "the works" to get prepared for our baby well that didn't work out too well.  I don't think you should have anything to worry about if you did get pregnant before your first AF cause every pregnancy is different.  Good luck and I hope you get your bfp soon!
  • I'm guilty of having unprotected sex twice since my m/c and AF has not come yet.  I haven't been temping and haven't had any O pains so I have no clue if I've ovulated or not.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"