Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

bring the kid while I get a haircut?

Any of you ever bring your kiddo with you when you went to get a haircut?

The appointments are only 30-minutes long, although this would include a shampoo. I'm hung up on the logistics, the stroller, pissing off the hairdresser...

Any anecdotes welcome...

Re: bring the kid while I get a haircut?

• Options
    I have brought DS to a few haircuts.  I just hold him on my lap and bring something small for him to hold on to and play with.  He usually spends the whole time flirting with the people working there.  Good luck!
  • Options

My dad and step mom are both hair stylists and have both told me that they really don't like it when people bring their children in.  Mostly because they don't want the bulk around their station (stroller, carseat, whatever), the interruptions when they need something since it delays their schedule and they're always worried with sharp shears and chemicals around that a horrible accident could possibly happen.  Personally, I'd have somebody watch your DC or have a friend go with you to watch him while you're with the stylist.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    although i've had a few clients who can bring their kids, i typically hated it. I was terrified of hurting DC with shears, hair falling on them (if you didnt know, hair can get stuck in your skin and cause deadly infections) and interruptions as there were other clients in afterward. If you can help it, and get a sitter, I'd say get one. PLUS you can enjoy your 30 minutes of pampering as you should.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"