Working Moms
Options

Dumb ?: Sippy cup @ daycare

We have been letting DD have a sippy cup for a month or so now.  She is back at daycare full time and I'm wondering how the sippy cup thing works at daycare.  She throws it around and I'm not sure I want them to keep picking it up, putting it back, etc., you know, germs and all....

I want her to have practice with it though so she knows how to use it.   Do you bring a sippy cup for your LO to daycare?  If so, do you do water/juice?

Re: Dumb ?: Sippy cup @ daycare

• Options
    DD is just starting with the sippy cup. ?Daycare provides them. ?I only have them give it to her when she eats a snack or lunch in the high chair. ?I understand what you are saying about germs, but the same thing goes for the pacifier. ?It's hard to avoid germs in daycare. ?I only give DD water. ?IMO juice is not necessary, it's just extra sugar. ?I figure there is plenty of time for that.
  • Options
    I sent a sippy for meals only and just told them to put water in it.  I just did meals so that they could control the sippy cup activity more.  Now that dd is older, she gets her sippy cup all the time.  But since she only has water in it, there is no big mess to clean up when she shakes the liquid out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daycare only gave it to them in their chairs during meals/snacks.  They only did milk and water in the infant room, in the toddler room they do get watered down juice during the pm snack but she doesn't use a sippy anymore.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are right about hard to avoid germs in a daycare!  I suppose she's probably been exposed to pretty much everything in the room anyways.  I check in to sending one w/ her for meals.  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"