Parenting after a Loss

Josie constantly eyeballs my food

LOL..I was going to delay solids until 5+ months but maybe she'll be ready sooner. She STARES at my plate and follows my food from plate to mouth, it's hilarious. She is generally curious about stuff, but she doesn't stare at anything else like she does my food or DHs. I think it's hilarious. Anyone else's baby like this?
2 losses
2 beautiful children
proud mommy!

Re: Josie constantly eyeballs my food

• J5 does this too!  And he makes feeding cues while he watches us eat.  He'll stick his tongue out and get his fists in his mouth.  In the morning, just 10 minutes after he's eaten, he'll watch me eat my cereal and give feeding cues!  We were going to wait till 6 months to start solids, but I think we might be able to try sooner too!
  • DD was the same way, and now its worse! she actually tries to grab the food off my plate for herself... esp if we are having something she can't have and she's eating a 13 month old "safe" meal, lol

but she has always preferred to have what i'm having, i think its nature, because in less organized coultures you would chew your food then give them some to taste/eat... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Evie was doing that too & we started her on rice cereal about 3 weeks ago.  She LOVES it!  We're still waiting until 6 months for veggies/fruit per pedi's suggestion.  She seems really anxious to try dim sum:

• image847Christine:

Evie was doing that too & we started her on rice cereal about 3 weeks ago.  She LOVES it!  We're still waiting until 6 months for veggies/fruit per pedi's suggestion.  She seems really anxious to try dim sum:

haha that is soo funny!! She has good taste in food too =) That look on her face is exactly the one Josie always has. She seems especially fond of bananas for some reason..anytime either of us eats one she has this ravenous look on her face, like if she could jump up and rip it out of our hands she would!!

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Emma watches me when I eat too. It's so funny :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"