Adoption

I guess the economy affects adoption too :(

We sent in our application to ABBA fund for 0% interest loan for our placement costs which would be paid in full when we received our tax credit.  Well, we just got a call that currently b/c of the economy they are tapped out but will let us know when things get moving again.  They said that if we got a placement to call them back and they would take our case back to the board for reconsideration.  I am so disappointed.  I know that things will work themselves out but lately I feel like we're just in this continuous circle of waiting and that we will never get our child.  Looks like I'm going to be filling out a ton of grant applications tonight.  Maybe I'll have a big bowl of ice cream too to down my sorrows.  Crying
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I guess the economy affects adoption too :(

• wow!  I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  what a bummer.
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. This exact thing has had me very worried as well. Things will work out. Enjoy your ice cream. Keep us posted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no Jamee I'm so sorry!!!  We had our first loan for our adoption denied too and we were SOOO frustrated, thinking it wouldn't ever work out.  In the end we got the money and though we lost a bunch (seriously big BOO to that) we got our Brighton with it!!!   I know you believe, but sometimes it's nice to hear similar stories!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"