Cincinnati Babies
Options

***curlypie1 and melissamc22***

i have two questions/comments for both of you:

tosha, can i get that recipe for the stuffed chicken you mentioned in the toddler food poll?  the one with the olives.  that sounds soooo yummy!

melissa, can i get your jambalaya recipe?  also, i will not be able to come to storytime this week.  we have family in from out of town that we're planning on seeing that day.  definitely the following tuesday... i promise!

also, for both of you.  i noticed that nora eats tacos and jackson eats taco salad.  how does that go over?  i have been wondering if ava would eat tacos/taco salad but i've been afraid to try tortillas.  she does fine with crackers and such, but we had a choking scare with a flatbread chip a couple months back.  and what toppings and how much spice do your kiddos like?

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: ***curlypie1 and melissamc22***

• Options

Of course!

Take a log of goat cheese (I get the 3.5 ounce ones) and let it soften. (You could even use cream cheese or boursin if you'd like).

Mix it with some milk to make it soft enough to spread

Add to it - chopped kalamata olives, and any fresh herbs you like or none at all! (I use fresh thyme and parsley) and I also use a clove of chopped garlic

Pound out your chicken breast to flatten it (or buy the thin and fancy chicken breasts...good shortcut!) and put a couple tablespoons of the cheese mixture on the widest part of the chicken breast. Tuck the mixture in and roll it up.

Place the chicken seam side down in a greased baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

I also top it with some breadcrumps and melted butter.

Cook in a 350 oven for 45 to 55 minutes. I usually cut into it around 45 minutes and check and see if it's done.

As for the tacos, I would have never thought to give Nora an entire crunchy taco, but she stole one off my plate one time and did great with it so I let her have them. We fill it with shredded beef (which is pretty spicy!), cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. She loves it.

• Options

Of course!

Take a log of goat cheese (I get the 3.5 ounce ones) and let it soften. (You could even use cream cheese or boursin if you'd like).

Mix it with some milk to make it soft enough to spread

Add to it - chopped kalamata olives, and any fresh herbs you like or none at all! (I use fresh thyme and parsley) and I also use a clove of chopped garlic

Pound out your chicken breast to flatten it (or buy the thin and fancy chicken breasts...good shortcut!) and put a couple tablespoons of the cheese mixture on the widest part of the chicken breast. Tuck the mixture in and roll it up.

Place the chicken seam side down in a greased baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

I also top it with some breadcrumps and melted butter.

Cook in a 350 oven for 45 to 55 minutes. I usually cut into it around 45 minutes and check and see if it's done.

As for the tacos, I would have never thought to give Nora an entire crunchy taco, but she stole one off my plate one time and did great with it so I let her have them. We fill it with shredded beef (which is pretty spicy!), cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. She loves it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much!  It sounds even yummier now!
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"