Parenting after a Loss

Lunch Date with Andy=EPIC Fail

Holy smokes, the night time sickness is creeping its way backwards into the day.

Today, we have the babysitter here for 3 hours.  Enough time to go out to eat, stroll the bookstore, etc.  Here's how it went.

Went to the restaurant. Italian--my pick.  Just the smell did me in. Hearing people eat was even worse. The people behind us got chicken (my favorite), and I swear I turned green. I spent most of lunchtime with my head on the table.  Got some food down. Watched Andy chewing and started gagging.  Gagged so much that the poor people next to us very visibly left early. 

Drove to the bookstore.  Went to go in, and all GI hell broke loose.  Spun the car around. Got sick.

Went to CVS for Pellegrino and peppermint candy.  Gagging all the way. I am sure they think I am a bloated heroin addict in detox. I am white as a sheet, and the woman in front of us evidently decided wearing all of Bed Bath and Beyond's scents at one time was a good idea. 

Stopped at Blockbuster and rented anything we could grab for tonight.

Plus, now even the kids are driving me crazy.  Running all over, loud, messy with food.  Toddlers now make me nauseous, even my own, who are pretty cute, clean, and well behaved, by toddler standards. But Mario likes to chew and then SHOW you how well his new teeth are working by opening wide.  GAH!

Not complaining-just wondering how to get through. I have tried all the tricks--some work better than others.

This better not be for nothing.  Because I am a big, fat, exhausted, barely walking, vomiting individual.  And it is not a pretty sight.  People need to look at me through those things you watch an eclipse with.  It could be dangerous to their health otherwise. 

Much love, Jill and the alien

Re: Lunch Date with Andy=EPIC Fail

• Aw, have you considered trying Zofran?  Just keep thinking....this will pass eventually but it means poppyseed is growing in there!!!

Hang in there!

• You sound a lot like me from weeks 5-8.  I felt like all I did was vomit.  All day everyday.  To the point that my boss would come in and ask where I was the night before and make fun of me for being so hungover. 

Fingers crossed for you that if nothing is helping that your body will adjust to the hormones soon and you start to feel better. 

• Loading the player...
  • There could be some Zofran in my near future.  I can not imagine how I am going to see my clients like this.

Nova-yeah-I feel wickedly hungover.  Most of the things that help are the hangover remedies (kinda bad food, tomato juice, etc). Eating bland or well just makes me sicker, which I do not get.

Much love, Jill

• I lived on ginger ale and cheez its for weeks.  Actually, I ate so many cheez its while pregnant I was afraid Michael was going to come out orange...
  • LOL Nova--"is he jaundiced?", "Nah, just the cheez its".

The alien poppy by this rule should come out tomato red.  Because right now, tomato juice, V8, salsa, sliced tomatos are all my friends.  Pretty much my only friends. 

• 1/2 a unisom & a vitamin b6. I ate lemons.?
  • Zofran, Zofran and more Zofran.  It saved my life the whole pregnancy (yeah, I am one of the 10% that got 9 months of m/s).  I had many near vomit incidents at lunches with co-workers (who I was trying to keep my pregnancy hidden from until safely into the 2nd trimester).  Queso and chips almost blew my cover at Chiles one day.  That stuff is so great...after 3 weeks of barely eating, I took it and 30 minutes later felt hungry and held the food down.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • if it wasn't for zofran, i would have had to carry my toilet around with me, head inside.
  • Another vote for Zofran--that and ziploc bags were my constant companion until I delivered.  Unfortunately the regular remedies never worked for me...the Zofran was the only thing that allowed me to keep any food or water down. 

I really hope you feel better.  ::hugs::

P.S. People will move out of the way of a gagging pregnant woman on the Metro.  They won't offer up a seat, but the sea of people will miraculously part if there is gagging : )

• OMG, I am so sorry but this post made me crack up... you are too funny! At least you still have your sense of humor, right?

Honestly, all that ever worked for me was ginger ale, saltines, and deep, slow breathing...

• Sorry honey but all I can say is YAY!!! :) I know ms sucks (I had it till week 14) but I am going to take it as a sign that your little poppyseed is doing very well inside of you!!! :)

HUGE hugs!

• When I was teaching and felt sick, I would suck on a starburst. I ate sooo many of them that I can't even stand to see them now!
  • I think that's the best news I've heard all day! I hope you keep right on pukin'!

In all seriousness, I know how much it sucks. I had to try different  remedies at different times. Sometimes it was gingerale or lemonade..sometimes it was tater tots. Sometimes seasickness bands helped.

Hang in there. It usually does get better in about 6 weeks. 

• I agree with the other ladies...yeah for feeling like crap!!! It means your little one is growing strong:)  I also think Zofran is a great idea.  It saved me one weekend.  I hope you are feeling better soon, but not too soon :)
  • 1) I'm so sorry you had a rough day.

2) ... but ... you tell a story like no one else, it made me laugh (I'm sorry, I know that's horrible)

3) Am I allowed to say YAY for m/s??   ;)    That's a great sign!!! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"