D.C. Area Babies

Shady Grove Fertility

I'm new to the board and have a few questions.  DH and I have been referred to Shady Grove Fertility by my OB/GYN.  We'll be going to the office in Rockville and I'd love to hear feedback anyone has on the office and especially Dr. Levy (I hope it's ok to ask about a specific dr on this board).  Any insights would be helpful.

TIA 

Re: Shady Grove Fertility

• I saw Dr. Levy, and I thought he was very compassionate and knowledgeable.  I was being tested after two miscarriages, and he was really great about that.  When I wasn't really interested in pursuing the fertility treatments, I didn't feel like he really listened, but it is what he does (and it was a weird day after a fire alarm went off in the building).

I don't know if she's still there, but our nurse was Crystal Smith and she was great.  

Good luck.  Let me know if you have any questions.

• I love, love, love, love, love them. Did I tell you that I love them;)? I owe them everything because I got pregnant on the first try of IVF, the one and only procedure I needed with them and have an almost 3 year old beautiful girl to prove it.?

?And this was after Dominion Fertility turned me away and said no chance and handed me the number to a surrogate lawyer.

They are amazing in every sense.

And i"ve heard great things about Levy. I went to Dr. Widra in GTown.

-- LH?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not going to the rockville one, but the annandale one is great!  this is my second cycle with them (first was hsg) so this is my real cycle!  i think that they are great, they took the time to explain to me everything in detail, etc.  this of course was after my re from the first time around told me i was too fat and needed to lose 30 pounds before doing anything.  sg took me open arms and not a word about my weight. 

so far ive had great experiences with them and i wish i went to them my first time around.  good luck!

• I'm also a fan of Shady Grove.  My ob/gyn initially referred me to Dominion, but I didn't like the practice at all.  I did 3 unsuccessful IUIs at Shady Grove, an IVF cycle that ended in m/c and a successful FET (now 11 weeks pregnant).  I saw Dr. Osborn in the DC office, but also saw Dr. Widra quite a lot for monitoring and he's actually the one that did my egg retrieval and first embryo transfer.  And you have to do all weekend/holiday monitoring and the major procedures at Rockville so I spent a bit of time there as well and always had good experiences.

If you think you'll be doing IVF, check out the Shared Risk program.  I think it's worth it.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"