Blended Families

SD - Warrant out...supposedly

Such drama. Geez Louise. Yesterday I wasted an hour of my time talking to SD and her mom about this.

History: This past month, SD took her mom's car without permission. Twice. And her mom called DH two weeks ago saying she was going to file charges this last time because SD took it under false pretenses when she was sick and could not think straight enough to follow SD's lies.

DH told her don't file charges. Just take away her phone and don't let her use your car ever again. Reason being, SD will have a felony and could do jail time and if that happens, she'll never get on her feet. It could forever ruin SD.  We thought it was settled.

Apparently not. SD calls in a panic Thursday night saying the cops showed up at her work. Only SD wasn't there. She calls her mom and her mom tells her she probably has a warrant out because she filed a report against SD.SD wants us to talk to her mom. DH tries, and can't get ahold of her. He calls the cops because SD is too scared to. They tell DH that SD needs to call the detective. DH calls SD back and tells her to call the detective. SD says she did but to this date, has not heard back from her (the detective).

I get a call Friday at lunch. SD's mom wants to tell her side of the story. I listen to her and tell her that it's up to her to decide. I say I don't blame her, but that it is our wish that she do what she can to drop it, if the police pursue it, fine...but to at least call. She decides she'll call and tell them the whole truth, that she doesn't really want to see her daughter in jail, but she is leaving it to them to talk to SD too and then decide if SD should be charged. 

I also told SD's mom that if the charges are dropped she should cut off SD's phone, not let her use her car ever again and that next time she will file charges, and will follow thru with them, and to tell SD that she has until whatever date to move out of her house. She seemed to think that is what she would do.

SD never gets a call from the detective, but she talks to her mom again and apparently there isn't a warrant. They just want to talk to her and it's about the car.

I lectured SD. I told her that it was only a matter of time this happened, after all, she has a history of taking people's cars without permission and when she took mine and lied to Michelle and took Michelle's I told her dad that one day SD would take the wrong person's car and she'll end up in jail over something stupid and selfish.   And here we are. 

SD says she's going to move out in March and in with a girlfriend of hers. I told her that's a good idea. get your own place, get your own phone, and car, and start taking responsibility for herself.

I told DH last night if this drama and bullsh*t conitinues, SD will not be allowed back here at all. Her last chance wiht us will be lost before she can even use it.  Once again, we are bailing her out. I told DH I'm tired of it. She's never going to learn if we keep doing this.

DH bawled SD out that night and told her what I said, that she's screwing up and this has to stop. 

To be real honest, I still want to hold out hope she's getting her life in order. She's applied for college and financial aid.  She's got a full time job. She's paying her mom for her share of the phone bill...we see some hopeful signs. However, she keeps pulling these manipulative bullsh*t stunts.  She thinks nothing of lying to anyone and everyone to get what she wants.  And this taking cars...has got to stop. I know teenagers do this at least once in their life, but SD doesn't go about it the same way. She lies, manipulates and cons you. Or she just takes it.  And after they get caught, normal teenagers apologize, take their punishment and most don't let it happen again. SD thinks she's entitled and shows no remorse whatsoever. And she will keep doing it. Her mom said she had this smug look on her face all the time when you confront her for stealing something from you or doing something she shouldn't have. I remember that little smirk.  She looks at you like it's funny and "ha,ha, I got what I wanted, I could give a ratsass if I pissed you off."  She has no conscience. None.

And when her dad lectured her she made her mom out to be the bad guy and she was completely innocent. I know better.  I'm sure her mom lied about a few things too. I know both are trying to cover their asses a bit.  But there is no doubt in my mind that SD is lying and manipulated her mom.  It's what she does. To every single woman who opens their home to her. Same story. Same complaints. Same bullsh*t that SD pulls. And I don't blame her mom one bit.

I do not want that in my home. And if she keeps f*cking up, I know she's going to run out of options there and we will be asked to "save her".  I won't do it.  I won't. 

Re: SD - Warrant out...supposedly

• Sorry this is long I even gave you the short version! 

I'm just sick and tired of SD running to us everytimes he has a problem. I'm done with her drama. I told DH that last night.  If she wants a drama filled life, FINE. Leave us the hell out of it.  We are not her fixers and as long as we keep doing this, she is going to continue.

I'm going to take some time to come down from this.  Some time this weekend though I need to flat out tell him I will no longer take SD's calls, her mom's calls. I want to be left out of it. And the more I don't know the better. I am out.  I am done. 

• I don't even know what to say.  I wish I could hold out hope that if she moves back with you it will not be all drama until you kick her out or she "runs away again" but I can't.  On a side note, not sure how it is in TX but in NJ when my SD would not tell DH where the car was and it was in his name the cops told me we could report it taken without consent instead of stolen since stolen was a felony but taken without consent was not.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • She's never going to learn if we keep doing this. That is exactly the point!

I'm sorry if this sounds rude to you. I've only followed a little bit of your story, but wow. As a teenager, I NEVER took someone's car without permission. I think she needs to spend a little time facing the consequences of what she is doing.

I understand you want to keep her from being brought up on charges, so she can get her life straight. However, she's not really trying all that hard, especially if she keeps going back to the same crap as always. I know she gives you guys a little bit of hope, then takes it back. IMO, it's the same as if she never did anything to give you that hope. I say everyone needs to stop coming to her rescue. If it means she has to face some harsh consequences, then so be it. Maybe it will make her realize that reality sucks and life isn't always going to go her way.

Like I said, I don't know the whole story, but that is just my opinion. GL!

"Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"