North Carolina Babies
Options

What would you write on this card?

Our neighbor two doors down just had a baby girl, about a week after Holly.. We've never met them, but thought we'd like to break the ice--maybe Holly could have a little playmate to grow up with! We're making them some brownies or something, and got them a congrats card... What would you write in it, to let them know who we are, and that since we just had a little one too, we have something in common--without coming across as creepy?

Since we understand well right now that an unsolicited doorbell ring is not always welcome with a new baby, we figured we'd leave it in their mailbox or on their front porch, so we won't really be delivering it in person--unless we happen to catch them when they're outside..If that's the case, we'd just introduce ourselves the old fashioned way.. but we rarely see them.

WDYT?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: What would you write on this card?

• Options

If I were you ... I'd just wait until the baby (hers, not yours) is like a month - 6 weeks old, and then go over and ring their doorbell. I just think I'd much rather actually "meet" the person, then to call them for the first time to hang out b/c your card said to .... do you know what I mean? It would jsut be less awkward for them, IMO.

I would maybe just say "We know you are super busy, we totally understand having a newborn ourselves, but just wanted to introduce ourselves and bring you over a little treat. Maybe when the weather starts warming up and the babies are a tad older we can get them together for playdates! Enjoy your brownies!"

And in the card I might just say something along the same lines ...

• Options
    I agree with MereD. ?. . I'd rather eat brownies from someone I've met. Go around dinnertime, when most people and babies will still be up (5-6pm). Just do a soft knock on the door just in case. If they're new to the area, they'll greatly appreciate meeting new people, even though they're tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"