Preemies

Weight check....older preemies

how much does/did your preemie weigh after 1?  My son is now 16 months and is only 19lbs 12ozs.  He was born @ 32 weeks weighing 2lbs 7ozs.  When we took him for his 15month appt he was 19lbs 3ozs so they wanted us to come back for weight checks.  Just wanted to check and see how much other preemies weighed and any ideas on what to feed him to fatten him up? 

Re: Weight check....older preemies

• DS was about 20 pounds at a year, 25ish pounds at 2 years and 30 pounds at 3 years.  He is tall though - 38 inches at 3 years.  The doctor has never been concerned about his weight.  I give him pediasure sometimes to supplement meals.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Claire was 4 lbs 9 oz at birth....19 pounds at a year.....and is now 23 pounds at 27 months. ?
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Loading the player...
  • DS turned one last week and we haven't had his checkup yet but they did weigh him at the cardiologist with his clothes on and he was about 23.5 lbs. So I'd say he's right at or a tiny bit over 23 lbs. He was born at 33 weeks weighing 4 lbs 2 oz.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • R weighed 3lbs 13oz when he was born at 30 weeks. 27.5lbs at One.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • My son will be 18 months actual age next week and weighs 20 lbs.  He was born at 25 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 ounces then dropped to 1.8
  • My DD weighed almost 20 lbs at 1 year.  She's now 2 1/2 and weighs about 30 lbs. She started out at 1 lb 15 oz. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS was 3 lb 5 oz at 33 weeks birth.  He'll be a year next week and we're hoping for 18 lb 4 oz.  Very small....

• My guys were 30 weekers. The smaller baby was 2lb 7oz @ birth, and at his last appointment on his adjusted birthday, he weighed 17 lb 11 oz. He's still scrawny.

His brother weighed 3lb 10 oz at birth  and 20 lb 2 oz on his adjusted birthday.

• At her 1 year appt. DD was 19 lbs. 14 oz. At her 15 month appt. she was 21 lbs. 4 oz. She was born at 34 weeks at 5 lbs. 4 oz.

I'd just keep giving lots of whole milk, cheese, etc. DId your pedi have any reccs for additional calories?

• Will was 3lb 15 oz at birth. ?He was born at 31w 4d. ?He was 18lb 11oz (5th%) at his checkup last week. ?He is also in the 85th% for height (sorry for the AW).

He is a very active boy. ?The pedi said that his increased activity and rapid growth probably contributed to his weight gain slowing down a little. ?She is not concerned though. ?She said that peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, olive oil and avacado need to be his friends. ? Everything he eats needs to have a smear of fat.

We also signed up for a milk man. ?The dairy has milk that contains more fat than whole milk. ?We will see how that works.?

?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My DS was born at 32w3d an weight 4lbs, 1/2oz. 

12 months - 19.6lbs

15 months - 19.1lbs (lost a little due to his new-found ability to run all day every day - lol)

18 months - 20.0lbs

24 months - 22.3lbs

He has his 3yr visit next week but according our bathroom scale he's around 26lbs...it's not a completely horrible weight but he's super duper skinny because he's also 40" tall - lol

• Thanks everyone!  I feel better about his weight now.  We do put carnation instant breakfast in his milk.  I guess I just need to start feeding him everything with butter on it. 
  • I'm a little late.  My son weighs about 26 lbs.  He's 18 mo. actual & 15 mo. adjusted.  He eats like a piggy!!!  Whole milk yogurt & cheese are full of tons of calories and fat.  My son eats more for breakfast than me. Surprise

• My boys are 32 weekers

DS1 was 4lbs 1 oz at birth and we anticipate he'll be around 23 lbs at 2 years old

DS2 was 4 lbs 2 oz at birth and we anticipate he'll be a hair over 21 lbs at 2 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"