Success after IF

Induction questions!

I'm being admitted tomorrow afternoon at 5 pm (just in time for the Superbowl) to begin Cervadil (sp?). Pitocin will begin Monday morning.

1. What does that entail?  Is it uncomfortable?  What was your experience?

2. Can I eat with it?

3. What should I wear since it may take a while? 

Thanks for any help. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induction questions!

• No clue - just wanted to wish you TONS of luck!!!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't have cervadil, but I'll try to answer as best I can.

1 - They put a cervidil pill on your cervix where it will dissolve and hopefully get things going.  I have heard that it can be uncomfortable, and for some people it kicks them into labor and they don't even need the pitocin.

2 - I don't think so.

3 - I'm pretty sure they will put you in a hospital gown when you get there and get your room.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I had an induction and it was GREAT! no cervidil for me cuz I was dilated already but I sat with painless contractions for 13 hours that did nothing and then when my water broke on it's own, 2 hours later my son was out!

2. they didn't let me eat, but I did get a migraine and they ended up giving me crackers.

3. They had me change into a gown, no bra, no underwear.  I put makeup on and threw my hair up.

Good luck! 

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • can't help..just wishing you luck and hope you go on your own..
  • 1. What does that entail?  Is it uncomfortable?  What was your experience?  They will put the cervidil in your vagina up at your cervix.  Kind of like a prog suppository or a tampon.  I believe I had to stay in bed for a certain period of time before I could get up.  It wasn't uncomfortable for me, but it was useless (I came in dilated at a 2 and I was the same in the morning). 

2. Can I eat with it?  I wasn't allowed to eat from the time I was admitted until I had DS.

3. What should I wear since it may take a while?  They will have you in a gown. 

• I never had Cervadil, but I was on Pitocin. I did not have any weird affects from it and I didn't really feel any contractions. It was pretty easy up until the epidural. The only thing I was able to eat were popsicles and drink water. You can not wear regular clothes for induction, you will be in a hospital gown, but definitely bring some comfy slippers or socks. Good luck!!
  • I was induced with cervadil. It is like a tampon with a hard plastic ribbon (where the med is). I had a lot of cramping feeling down there, and internals were quite painful with it in. I had to lie in bed for an hour after insertion, but then was free to do anything (even the whirlpool tub). It sent me into full blown contractions a minute apart within an hour of insertion, and I didn't even need pitocin afterward.

If the internals are really uncomfortable (I had one every hour for about 12 hours with the cervadil in, till I started to dilate) they let me use a bit of laughing gas to get through them.

I was able to eat whatever I wanted.

I wore a hospital gown the whole time because I had so many internals, and was in and out of the tub all night. By the end I was naked, and didn't care :-)

Good Luck - my induction was wonderful!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"