Parenting after a Loss
Options

Poor DD is so sick!

This is the second cold she has had this month and this one is so much worse!  She is so stuffy and has a terrible cough!  Her eyes keep watering and she has even had a smidge of diarrhea.  She is eating the bare minimum to survive (pedi said she is so stuffed up that it's either eat or breathe) Poor thing is miserable!  No fever though. We went to the pedi on Wed. and he said it was just a cold.  I don't know whether to give her pedilyte or something.  I wonder if it would thin her mucus.

Re: Poor DD is so sick!

• Options

Poor baby. 

When Avery was sick, our really wanted her to stay hydrated.  We gave her 1/2 apple juice and half water (after offering her the breast). 

I noticed that it was just easier for her to eat from a bottle than to BF (I can't remember if you're BFing or not) so I started to just pump and bottle feed.  She ate better that way.

We also had 2 humidifiers in the room, put vicks vapo rub on her chest and feet (pedi ok'd this too) and lots of saline and nose suckage.

When Avery just otherwise seemed miserable, I would give her some tylenol. 

Keep her propped up in our bed too - she couldn't lay down very well. 

I hope she feels better soon! I hate when they were sick!

• Options
    Poor Gianna!  It's terrible when they're sick...  I hope she feels better soon.  Just do your best to make her comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aw...i hope she feels better soon!
  • Options

Are you using saline drops in her nose?  Those should help thin the mucous and then you can aspirate it out.  We also use a vaporizer in Sophia's room when she's stuffy and that seems to help.

Poor baby!  I hope she feels better soon!

• Options
    Oh no, that makes me wanna cry...:( I hate when babies are sick! I hope she feels better very soon and that she and her momma can get some relief...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"