Baby Showers

Getting anxious about the shower...

It's the bottom of the 9th.

The shower is Saturday.

I've been working on this shower off and on since August.

My dear dear friend (the Mom-to-be) is a party planner by trade.  No pressure there, right?  I'm the farthest thing from a party planner but I love her to death and want to make her happy.

She never had a bridal shower.  She's REALLY looking foward to this!

She's seriously thrown at least a dozen bridal or baby showers for friends over the years.  It's her turn.   She deserves something lovely.

I really hope she has a wonderful experience.

I also really hope the other guests enjoy themselves as well.

*** sigh ***

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Getting anxious about the shower...

• I'm sure it'll be great!  The fact that you're worried about it shows how much you care.  Your friend is so lucky that you're throwing such a well thought out shower.

Don't stress too much & enjoy the day!

• Well, one thing is for sure, your heart is there!!! What a lovely post. Perhaps you should print it out and show it to her?

One of my BF's is a professional party planner - mostly weddings. I totally get where you are coming from. Thankfully I have not been in charge of a shower or anything because I think I would be a nervous wreck. Good Luck!!!

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is exactly how my sister felt when throwing my bridal shower, and now stressing about the baby shower.  I am definitely the party planner in the family, so I LOVE looking for ideas, games, etc.  Granted my sisters help me with stuff when I do throw a shower for a family member, but I am the one who usually tells them what to do and what we need, etc.  And said sisters whose showers I slaved over hardly helped the one sister for my shower at all, and didn't help pay for anything.

Needless to say, my sister is worried she won't do something right for this shower, even though my bridal shower was awesome.  I tell her to not stress about it because it's will turn out great.  And it's all about being around loved ones anyways.

Your friend is sure lucky to have someone like you going to bat for her like this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Please post how the shower turns out!!!

I'm sure it will be wonderful.

• You are a wonderful friend, she is lucky to have you. Enjoy the day and tell us how it goes.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"