Infertility

STUPID question

I'm going on Clomid 50mg on Monday.  If I get a +OPK, I need to go in that day for a u/s and b/w.  If they see a good follicle(s) on u/s, do they trigger you? Or do they try and first let my ovary release it on its own??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STUPID question

• If you received a +opk, your body will release on it's own, no need to trigger.  Maybe they are doing an IUI?  At which point you would come in after a +opk for them to do the IUI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not a stupid question!

it really depends on your doctor preference...and what you want to do.  you can talk to them about it and decide what you want to do.  if you are doing TI then they may wait to see if you O on your own...but if you are doing IUI then i think it can vary.  some doctors will do the IUI after you get the +OPK and others will still trigger you.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrspresley:

not a stupid question!

it really depends on your doctor preference...and what you want to do.  you can talk to them about it and decide what you want to do.  if you are doing TI then they may wait to see if you O on your own...but if you are doing IUI then i think it can vary.  some doctors will do the IUI after you get the +OPK and others will still trigger you.

Thanks.  I'm doing TI for now...I think.  But they did say if I never get a +OPK after testing for 4 days...I have to go in the next day (5th day) for b/w and u/s to see what happened.

Ughh..Im so new to this!

• Nothing is a stupid question here.  Even when things don't pertain to me, I find myself reading the posts to see if there is something new I can learn.  I always appreciate the advice and opinions of the girls that have been there/done that.  Keep asking away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMaybeBabyTime:

Thanks.  I'm doing TI for now...I think.  But they did say if I never get a +OPK after testing for 4 days...I have to go in the next day (5th day) for b/w and u/s to see what happened.

Ughh..Im so new to this!

that's ok.  don't feel bad.  if you don't get a +OPK they need you to go in so they can check your follies. it may be that you aren't getting a +OPK b/c your follies aren't big enough yet.  if your follies are still too small, they will just have you come back in every few days so they can monitor you and your follie growth.  then when your follie(s) is big enough, they can trigger it if needed so you can have TI.

don't be disappointed if this cycle doesn't work out.  it often takes 3 tries with clomid even when everything is perfect to get a BFP.  it is possible that your body could be a late responder to the clomid and you won't O until later in your cycle... it's also possible your body won't respond to 50mg and your Dr will need to increase the dose to 100mg next time.  so don't fret too much about it right now.  just wait and see what happens :)

and i agree with pp - i am always reading every post, even if it doesn't pertain to me b/c i want to learn more...b/c who knows if i might need to know some of that info in the future...

• thanks everyone.  this support is wonderful :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"