North Carolina Babies

So, I need advice - WWYD?

Next Saturday (SH's 1 month birthday), DH's aunt is hosting a birthday party for DH's grandmother. She lives in a nursing home. DH's mom and other aunts and uncles will be there as well (the only "young" person is his 9 year old cousin).

Him and I have opposing thoughts on whether or not we should go w/ Savannah (if we didn't take her - just he would go by myself). I feel like people who live in nursing homes are more suseptable (sp?) to germs ... and that can't be good around a newborn. Plus - we didn't really want to take her "out" for like 2 months since it's flu season and stuff.

But then he says, "So why are you taking her to the mommy/baby GTG tomorrow??" --- good point. But maybe that is a little different b/c I'm sure that the mommies wouldn't take their kids (or themselves) if they were sick - and we don't know that about his family, you know?

Anyways, WWYD? Would you go and take her? Or just DH go alone?

I'm pretty sure they'd understand if we just said we didn't want to take her out this little ... but I don't want to NOT go b/c I am possibly overreacting.

I told him I'd post this on the board, and then we'll make a decision after. :)

[Poll]

Re: So, I need advice - WWYD?

• Is the party at the nursing home, or at the aunt's house? If it is at the aunt's house, I would be ok with it. If it was at the nursing home, I probably would not..

GL!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imageMrsHughesNC:

Is the party at the nursing home, or at the aunt's house? If it is at the aunt's house, I would be ok with it. If it was at the nursing home, I probably would not..

GL!

Its at his aunt's house ...

• Loading the player...
  • I would take her....she has to get out sometime and being around family is not the same as taking her to a public place where no one knows what is clean and what is dirty, whose hands are clean and who is sick.
  • I voted yes, but I would have some "conditions". ?First off, if I heard of anyone in the family being sick and still planning on coming then I would say no, even if that meant canceling at the last minute. ?I would also take a sling or baby carrier, so that way if you feel like too many people are trying to pass her around and its making you uncomfortable you could put her in that and just keep her close to you. ? Also, if SH showed ANY signs of being sick in the next week, then I would not take her. ?If she already has a cold then her immune system would be a little bit weaker and likely to catch anything else in the room. ?If you do take her, then don't hesitate to make people wash their hands before holding her ;). ?If someone refused to wash hands, then I would politely tell them no. ?

I think you guys would probably enjoy being able to go out especially to help celebrate with family. ?It would probably do you good. ?BUT you are her mother and if you have an uneasy feeling about it..go with your gut! ?I've learned to trust my gut when it comes to my kids...usually its right!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"