Indiana Babies

Hi and update

Hi girls!  I'm working from home today, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi while most of you are around.  I check in and see what's up with everyone most nights, but since it's usually after 8pm here before I do, I don't reply too much!

Anyway, first off, I'm so sorry, Brenda, to hear the news about Larry's job.  Loads of hugs and positive thoughts headed to you. 

Lauren, congrats on the news of a baby girl!  :)

Kathy, I love seeing the pics of little Andrew that you've been posting on your blog!  I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well!

Ben's still doing great.  He had to go to the doctor on Monday because he had some thrush in his mouth (not a big deal...just have to give him some antifungal drops) and he's up to 14 lbs 10 oz!  For the most part, he's a happy, easy going baby.  He smiles and coos *so* much now...the other night I was singing to him while rocking him to sleep, and he started "singing" with me.  My heart just melted. 

Unfortunately, I'm not doing so great.  Remember how I had bowel issues that seemed to get better when I started taking Zoloft for my PPA?  Well, they came back at the very first of January.  It's been pretty miserable, as I am afraid of being too much more than 50 ft from a bathroom at any given time.  Plus, I'm about 20 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight and have very little energy.

I've been seeing a gastroenterologist and ended up having a colonoscopy on Wednesday.  My family practice doctor called me last night (he's been copied on everything and noticed that my biopsy results had come back late that afternoon) with the news that I have ulcerative colitis.  Not the best news, as there's no cure for it.  There are medicines that treat it and it can go into remission, sometimes for years at a time, but it's something that I'll always have and will have flare-ups from time to time.  I go see the gastroenterologist this afternoon, so at least I'll be able to get started on some medication.  There are a lot of different courses of treatment to try and from what I've read so far it seems that it's trial and error to find what works for you.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get lucky on the first try. 

Re: Hi and update

• Goodness! ?I hope they find something to work for you. ?Glad to hear that Ben is doing well!
  • Chrislyn glad to hear that ben is doing well and is supa cute!! 

I'm sorry about your health issues, I hope you can find something that works for you quickly so it doesn't disrupt your everyday life.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, Ben is so cute!  Thanks for the update.  It's good to "see" you.

My DH's best friend has colitis as well, and he ended up having surgery to remove scar tissue from his large intestine (I think that's right; I may be getting some of the details fuzzy). Anyway, prior to the surgery, he lost a lot of weight too, but since then, he's been feeling much better and says that the pain is mostly gone too.

I hope your appt. today can give you some more answers.  I'll be thinking of you!

• Ugh, that sucks about your prognosis.  I understand how it is, because I have IBS/lactose intolerance.  Luckily my issues are normally solved by taking a diary pill before I eat.  I hope that you can find something that works, and quickly!!  
  • Chrislyn!  Thank you for the update, I've been thinking

of you!  I'm sorry to hear that things are so rough, health-

wise, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find

a treatment that's super effective soon!

And your kiddo is so adorable!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • I am sorry that things have not been so great. I hope that you will find something soon that will work. My thoughts are with you. Ben is adorable!
  • Hey! Welcome back! Thanks for the update ... so glad the little one is doing well. 

It sounds like you have pretty competent doctors that are concerned about you, which is good news ... I hope they find a treatment for your colitis... I can't imagine how inconvenient & painful it must be to deal with that on a daily basis. 

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • :::waving:::

I'm so glad that Ben is doing well and gosh, can he be any cuter?  I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but hopefully you can find the right combination of treatment soon!

• I have a friend that has ulcerative colitis...i hope they figure out the best treatment for you!  Ben is adorable.

Amy

• Hello!

I'm glad baby is doing well. Sorry to hear about your UC, that, um, stinks. ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you find your effective cocktail right off the bat and have a nice long symptom free time!

• Thanks for the hugs and positive thoughts!

I'm so sorry to hear about your gastroenterology issues, and I hope that they are able to find something to help give you some relief. 

I am so glad to hear that Ben is doing well!!

Keep us posted and come back here more frequently - we miss you!!

Brenda

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're going through that Chrislynd, but glad Ben is well!
  • One of my best friends from college has UC and it's been tough.  She's got other auto-immune diseases as well.  For her, drinking wine has really helped, but she's built up such a tolerance to it that she has to drink so much it doesn't really work anymore.  But until they got a diagnosis, she was a total wino.  Hope they get a good treatment plan for you!
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I have a friend that also has this and has flare-ups from time to time, but does pretty well with it.  Good luck, I am glad they were able to figure out what is wrong so that you can be on the medication that will help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"