Blended Families
Options

a tip

DH and I have been together since his DC was a baby.  My SS, who I love and am VERY close with is now 6 (we met when he was 3 and DH and I became very serious about being together).  In the years we have been together, I can count the times I have spoken to his Ex.  And it has only been brief and friendly.  Now, she is a biotch, cuz she will call DH and pi$$ him off with all kind of dumb crap.  BUT, DH keeps me away from it.  She does not have my house number and any issue she has, she must contact DH thru his cell.  It is SOOO much better. 

I was in a relationship long ago where the guy had kids and the momma was always calling and cusing and driving me crazy.  I really have no use for anyone's BM.  We are civil to eachother, but in my eyes, its DH's issue and he should deal with her.  Not me.  Thats my tip.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: a tip

• Options
    AMEN! lol This is pretty much how it works in our case as well. BM calls DH's cell phone. He didn't give her our house number. Even if she did have it, I don't think I'd answer the phone to be honest. I hate confrontation, and that is the mother of them all right there.
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Options
    When DH and I decided we were going to be together I tried to be civil with BM because I truly hate to see grown women fight and wanted the kids to be in a comfortable environment.  DH warned me that BM was crazy and I soon realized that and decided to cut off all communication.  She would argue with DH about silly things and then ask to speak to me in the hopes that I would be on her side.  When I refused to get in the middle she started to get the point and when I blocked her email from mine she really got the point. When she calls here I hand the phone to the SKs without saying anything.  She continues to try and engage but I don't allow it because I've come to realize that she is psycho.  It's too bad we can't be cordial at least for the kids sake.
    Misty & Victor Jr. Married August 5, 2006 - St. John, USVI BFP 11/1/09 - Natural M.C. 11/30/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely a good tip. I have not met BM and I've been with my FI for 5 years now. They live really far away so FI goes up there to get the kids.  She sends me messages on myspace, although we have not friended each other and both our profiles are private, basically for administrative stuff (she sent their school pictures, I sent their birthday presents, keep an eye out for UPS and let me know if it doesn't get there etc).

Right now she and FI are pissed at each other and it's definitely nice not being involved.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"