Multiples
Options

Ear infection and pink eyes!!!

Both boys have had gunky eyes since they had colds a couple weeks back.  They weren't rubbing them and they weren't pink so I didn't think much of it but the gunk didn't go away so I took them in today.  Luke has an ear infection and both of them have pink eye!  I was going to wait until their 9mos appt in a couple weeks but I'm glad I didn't.  Luke gave us no indication (no fever even) that his ear hurt...  Guess we'll be hunkering down for a few more days.

Re: Ear infection and pink eyes!!!

• Options

very odd! Chris was sick w a bad cold and his eye was full of gunk. When he was born he had a close duck (sp?) and we figure that is was the same thing. A few days later Gaven also got the same cold (I'm so sick of colds) and one eye was also full of gunk. I just kept cleaning it w warm cotton ball and massaged the eye duck and it went away. Now I'm wondering if they had pink eye. My poor babies :(

I hope they feel better soon! ?

?

Zeidy?

• Options
    I asked where they would have gotten it b/c we haven't been out for so long.  He said it often comes from just having a cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That makes sense!?
  • Options
    My boys get goopy eyes EVERY time they get an ear infection.  Its how I know, in fact b/c they have no other symptoms.  Daycare always thinks its pinkeye, so now I just use the drops for a week since I have them, if I know thye have an ear infection and are already on meds.  We are getting tubes in their ears on Wedensday so hopefully that will be the END of the ear infections!
  • Options
    My guys both ended up with ear infections this week and they started out with goopy eyes about 10 days ago...interesting! Now I know to keep an eye out for it. Sorry your little ones aren't feeling too good. Mine are finally getting over it - what a week!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"