Multiples
Options

Still contracting on procardia?

I know that my dr. and the nurses at the hospital told me that I would still have contractions here and there, but I was so hoping they would just be gone all together.  I take procardia every 6 hours and for a few days I was not feeling any tightening or contracting at all.  Now the past few days again I'm having about 5-6 contractions a day.  I know that isn't very many, but that's how it all started before, then all of a sudden it was a few an hour then every few minutes.  I know to call if they get to be more frequent.  But I just wondered for those of you who were/are on procardia or terbutaline...did you continue to feel cramping and contractions even on the meds? 

Re: Still contracting on procardia?

• Options
    I am the exact way..I have 5-6 a day everyday. Some days I will have 4-5 an hour for the whole day. I am also on the every 6 hours, but I take 20 mg every 6 hours.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did. They may up your dose later.  Just keep track and if they start coming go lay down and drink lots of water.  Mine were usuall a sign that I had done too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on total bedrest, so I don't do anything all day but sit or lay on the couch.  That's why it makes me kind of nervous.  I'm doing nothing at all and still contracting.  I do drink a lot of water too.  I guess I'll just keep track of them and let my OB know at my next appt how many I'm having and see what they say. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"