Baby Showers

Way ahead of time

My shower isn't until Feb 21st and my mom is already asking me about what we should have for food.  The shower is at my house and my parents live out of state. The invites just went out this morning.  Calm down mom.  I think that we have plenty of time to determine the menu.  Let's see how many people RSVP first.

Re: Way ahead of time

• I read an interesting study one time that talked about women and joy. It said that the expectation and planning of an event (wedding, vacation etc.) produced the same amount of joy as the event itself. I thought that was facinating.

You have less than a month! That is not too early to think about menus. You are right that amounts should be decided on later.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL...sounds like my step-mom. She gets really excited and is a planner.

But these things sneak up on you, it probably wouldn't hurt to entertain her with a few little food items so she can have something to think about, hehe.

• Loading the player...
  • hmmm... i would've had the menu planned already, but that's just me, I'm a planner.
  • It just sounds like your mom is really excited to do this for you.  I think that she wants your input, because she wants to make it just right for you.  I would be happy that she cares about making sure that you get what you want.

Plus, I don't think it's all that early.  It's only 3 weeks away.  It will be easier for her to really enjoy herself if she doesn't have to pull things together at the last minute.

• my shower is also the 21st and the menu is already planned. i dont think its too early at all
  • She's probably glad to be involved in something tangible since you don't live nearby! My mom can be overbearing when she goes into hyper-planning mode, but you just gotta roll with it. She just wants to do something good for you.
  • I'm planning a bridal shower for my sil in May and I'm already planning the menu!
  • My shower is this Sunday and I have no idea if the menu is planned yet, lol.  I bet they figure it out by tomorrow though!
  • LOL I can totally relate!

My shower is at my Mom's house in Ohio on April 5th and I live in Cali and no invites have been sent, but oh yes, my Mom already wants to know what she should do for food.  Hehe, aren't Moms funny!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"