Breastfeeding

need help feel like milk supply is fading fast

I recently went back to work, and I pump before, once during work, and immediately after i get home. ?I thought that i was doing well with this, but am starting to get concerned about my milk supply (i feel like I don't get as engorged as I used to). ?I work 9 hour shifts, and really can only get out once during the shift to pump - anyone else have any suggestions. ?I want to try to continue to BF for at least another month...

Re: need help feel like milk supply is fading fast

• I pump once in the morning, after I get home from work around 4 or 5 pm and then around 10 pm at night. I also breastfeed some in between while at home. On weekends I breastfeed a lot more and pump twice a day. My supply has been pretty good lately...knock on wood. What I have noticed is that eating a lot of protein....actually just eating A LOT has helped my supply so much. As well as drinking a lot of water. I also eat oatmeal every morning. My goal is to make it a year and I never thought I would say that!
  • You're probably not feeling engorged because you're body is adjusting to produce the amount of milk you need. ?

?

I agree that drinking more water and eating more protein should help. ?Also, if possible, perhaps try pumping after a feeding and/or on weekends.

?

Good luck!?

• Loading the player...
  • Whenever i get little spurts where i can't pump as much milk as usual, i drink a couple of cups of Mother's Milk tea twice a day for a few days.  That seems to work pretty well.
  • My lc said to try power pumping once to boosyt your supply. a few minutes on and a few off for 30 mins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"