Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Blighted Ovum

Has anyone had two MC in a row caused by a blighted ovum. I am 10 wks and I am concerned that the same thing may have happened to me a second time.

Re: Blighted Ovum

• Options
    I am soo sorry!  I just went through my 2nd BO one week ago today and had a D & E both times.  The D & E was recommended by my OB especially the 2nd time so he could take the products and test them for genetic abnormalities.  I highly recommend having the surgery for the same reason.  I have my fu appt with OB next Friday and then he is scheduling my rpl testing (recommended after any 2 consecutive mc's) to test for various things that commonly cause mc such as clotting disorders, thyroid problems and genetics.  We are also doing karotyping which is testing my blood and dh blood for chromosomal things.  I will keep all posted on our findings but know that 60% of all testing will come back with nothing and they are noted as flukes of nature.  My OB said after 2 they are really not flukes of nature buy science isn't advanced enough to know what is wrong yet so that is why we do research on a daily basis.  Best of luck to you!  Did you have an US.  That would prove it immediately especially since you are 10 weeks there should be a baby and heartbeat def. 
  • Options

What is making you concerned?  Are you bleeding?   Have you had an ultrasound?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"