Options

1st haircut?

How did it go?

Did you take anything to distract them?

Any suggestions?

Ours is tomorrow at 3pm.  Eeek!

Re: 1st haircut?

• Options

One word.. horrible. He screamed and screamed the entire time. Boogers were smeared across his face no matter how often I wiped, pieces of hair were stuck to the steak of boogers, and tears rolled down his cheeks. Worst. Experience. Ever. That was with the buzzers. Once she started trimming the top with scissors he calmed down, but that was the last 2 minutes of the 10-15 (but seemed like eternity) minute experience. I brought toys - he didn't care. He sat in one of those cute race cars - he didn't care.

My suggestion? Prepare for the worst! haha... DH is taking him next time!

• Options

DS's wasn't too bad.  The girl was VERY quick, and he was happy to play with the comb.  He didn't like the apron very much though; we had to get his arms out from underneath it.  Here are my pics if you're interested:

https://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/ch8RpF2C/1475584/3242966

(I think that you'll be able to click on that and look at them.  If it doesn't let you, sorry!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has had 5 haircuts with scizzors and clippers so far.  DH does it at home though.  I can't stand the thought of paying to hear my kid scream and it is just easier to do ourselves.  Plus, his hair grows like weeds.  He gets trimmed around his ears and neck every 2-3 weeks!
  • Options
    My son's first haircut was around 10 1/2 months old.  It was at the salon where my husband gets his hair cut.  She only used scissors, and it went great.  Since then, he has had another haircut at the salon, and one haircut at home.  I guess it depends on your child, but my son doesn't mind it.  When I cut it at home, I distracted him with puffs.  GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"