Alabama Babies

My baby boy is 10 months old!

I just changed my siggy pic today to Caleb's 10 month pic and, honestly, it kinda made me sad!  I just feel like my baby is not going to be a baby much longer at all.  Seeing him grow up is so bittersweet.  I mean, I love watching him grow and change...do new things...learn more and more...each stage is so sweet and precious, but it makes me sad knowing that I will never have him as a baby again.  Time is flying by so fast with him.  I guess knowing that we probably won't have any more babies makes me more emotional about it too.  However, it also makes me not take anything with him for granted...I feel like I truly cherish every little moment and milestone with him.  For example, he is trying really, really hard to walk now...he is cruising around all the furniture, he walks behind his push toys, he stands alone for a few seconds...I think he will be walking within the next 2 or 3 weeks.  He feeds himself cherrios and other finger foods and drinks from a sippy cup like a big boy.  He says "Mama" all the time and sometimes says "Dada".  He recognizes many, many words now and can follow a few directions like "Go get your ball".  I just can not get over how fast he is losing his "babyness".  We are taking so much video of him all the time b/c I am so afraid of forgetting these sweet things.  It seems like he does something new every day.  Anyway, here are a few recent pics of him since I have sucked at updating my baby bio...just wanted to share and show him off a little...I just adore my little guy so much!  I know you moms out there can relate!

Drinking from his sipppy cup, "Helping" me with the laundry, Eating a nectarine, Loving on Bailey:

Re: My baby boy is 10 months old!

• Oh my goodness, I can't believe he's 10 months already!  I agree, it is bittersweet watching them grow out of their infancy...especially knowing that it'll be the last time you'll have a baby.  I can totally relate! 

Great pictures!  He's adorable...and look at those LONG legs! 

• I really can not believe that he is 10 months old!!  Time is really flying by. I love the new pictures.  Those baby blues are just beautfiul!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I think he's gonna be tall like his Daddy.  He's in the 75th percentile for length!
  • Such beautiful blue eyes! He has grown up so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Thanks y'all!  Yeah, I never imagined that I would have two blue eyed children!  I have brown eyes!  Aren't brown eyes usually dominant?  Crazy!  But, I do love them!
  • Look at those big beautiful blue eyes!  What a cutie :)
  • He is SO cute!!!
  • Monica - he's adorable!  You should just have more kids :)  You and Jim make some pretty babies :)

what's hard for me to believe is that in just 6 short months, my little avery will be doing all those cool things too!

• He is so cute, and look at those eyelashes!

My sister has 3 blue-eyed children, and she has brown.  Brown is dominant, but It's just all in how the genes fall.  You probably have a dominant gene for brown and recessive for blue, and Jim has 2 recessive for blue...which gives you a 50% chance of having a child with blue or brown!

Yes, I'm a dork, I just did a Punnett square in my head Geeked

• He has grown so much!!!! He is a cutie :o)
  • Monica, he is precious!  It definitely doesn't seem like 10 months.  Enjoy your fun moments with him - I'm so glad you're taking video of all of it!  Those pictures are just too cute... I love the "laundry" one and the one with Bailey especially. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He is SO precious! It's just amazing how quickly the time flies! I dropped Jenna off at daycare today, and there was a new baby - probably about 2 or 3 months old - and I just couldn't believe that Jenna used to be that small : )
  • He is adorable!!  I love the picture where he is helping with laundry and of him loving on Bailey.  I love seeing pictures of children loving on dogs!
  • Wow!  He is tall.  He is so adorable, though.  I too can't believe he is already 10 months old!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"