Alabama Babies
Options

AW: Doctor's Appt.

Robinson had his developmental appt. this afternoon.  We have an appt. with a Developmental Pediatrician and spend 45 minutes with him while he evaluates DS.  Then, if he's behind on any of his milestones (b/c of his extreme prematurity), they sign us up for Early Intervention and PT, OT, etc.

Good news is that DS is at a 4 1/2 month level (he's only supposed to be at a 3 month due to his "adjusted age") and social/emotional he is at a 6 month level!!  I was so excited.  The doctor said he was extremely impressed with him and doesn't want to see him for another 5 months. 

DS weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces was 23 1/2 inches long and 16 1/2 inches head circumference.  He said he expects DS to be fully caught up with developmental and physical milestones by 1 year actual!!  He called him his little rockstar. 

Side note, though:  He told us no jumperoos, exersaucers, etc. b/c something about preemies stiffness in their legs, that it would further delay crawling and walking.  He also said no TV (not even Baby Einstein) b/c it has no benefits, just books and music...and lots of tummy time.  These things really surprised me, anybody else ever hear any of this??

Re: AW: Doctor's Appt.

• Options
    Yea Jackie!  That is awsome!  I know you are super excited about the news.  I am ready for RSV season to be over so that I can come play with him. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Jackie, that is fantastic news!!  I'm so happy to hear that!  I know you were worried about this appointment.

I've heard of the no-TV thing, but I'm an everthing in moderation kind of person.  We do allow kids music DVD's (The Wiggles)...she loves the bright colors, music and dancing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is GREAT news Jackie!!!  So happy for him!!!  I can not BELIEVE he is 6 months old!  WHAT?  Seriously, time is flying...

I had never heard of the no jumperoo thing, but I can totally understand the no TV thing.  I don't let Caleb watch it yet either.  I have a ton of Baby Einstein DVD's, but I just don't use them yet b/c I think it's too early...even at 10 months not being a preemie...  They will watch their fair share of it later...trust me, Haley watches too much now...so I'd rather he play and do other, more stimulating things now while I have more control over it. 

• Options
    Hurrah for Robinson! That's such great news Jackie- seriously he is a ROCKSTAR =)
  • Options

Yay!!  I'm so happy for ya'll!! 

• Options
    Yay! That's great news!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    That is awesome news!! I am kind of like Fran...everything in moderation. That is interesting about the jumperoo and everything....
  • Options
    that is awesome!!!! ?I'm with the others- I'm all about everything in moderation...
  • Options
    That is great news!
  • Options

He passed Avery with the weight! that's awesome!

as far as the TV.  Avery is JUST NOW starting to turn her head to look at the TV.  I think it's more of a stimulant than anyhting else right now.  I don't agree with putting an infant infront of a TV for entertainment though.  But I'm not going to freakout if Avery sees it while we're watching it.

• Options
    Yay!! I'm sooo happy he had a great appointment. Way to go Robinson!! :o)
  • Options
    YAY Robinson!!!  That is awesome news Jackie.  I'm so happy he's doing so well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah Robinson!  So glad that it went well.  I have been concerned about Jenna spending too much time in the jumper and exersaucer b/c of the hip dysplasia, even though the orthopaedic dr said it was o.k.  However, I think definitely stay away if the dr recommends that - I wouldn't want to risk even a moderate chance.  He is thriving - and I'm sure that is because you and Rian have been so good about following the dr's instructions - even at the dismay of the IL's, etc : )

I'll try to bring the swing by this weekend and visit with you and the rockstar : )

• Options
    Oh Jackie that is awesome news!!!  Yay for Robinson!
  • Options
    Jackie, I remember reading/hearing about Robinson previously.  What wonderful news and I know you're thrilled!!!  Hope he continues on this great path!!!
  • Options
    That's awesome! I'm glad he is doing so well.
  • Options
    Yea!  I am glad you got good news today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"