Blended Families
Options

Should I push the matter

Recently the SKs were her for Christmas break and prior to the day they arrived DH sent a $15 money order to BM to cover checked bag fee at the airport.  BM said she never got the money and subsequently did not send then with any luggage (it's a good thing we had some stuff here for them and DD is the same size as SD).  BM told DH that she would not go pick up the envelope (we send everything via certified mail to her) so the postal service should return it to us unaccepted.  After some time I checked online and saw that the envelope was picked up on 12/23 then I called the bank (it was bank issued money order) and was informed that it had been cashed on 12/24.  DH asked BM why she cashed it and she said "oh because the envelope was damaged"  WTF.... She then said that she bought a new one and had her husband mail it and we should've gotten it a week ago.  DH asked if it was sent in such a way that it could be tracked and she said she wasn't sure and would get back to him.  Of course that never happened.  DH told BM that she no longer had to send the kids here with luggage because we had plenty of clothes for them so there is no reason she would need the luggae in the future.  I am well aware that BM is broke (mainly because she won't go get a job) and cashed the money order on purpose.  Should I have DH question her about it again?   Sometimes I feel like she does these things because she knows DH is too tired of the bull crap and won't call her out on them.  It's not about the money, it's the fact that she thinks she's the smartest one in the room.  I know when he asks she's going to say well I sent it so it must have gotten lost in the mail. 
Misty & Victor Jr. Married August 5, 2006 - St. John, USVI BFP 11/1/09 - Natural M.C. 11/30/09

Re: Should I push the matter

• Options
    Since it is only $15 dollars I would let it go, just don't send her anymore money.  If the kids need something give it to them.  I can't tell you how many times in the past 4 years I have had to swallow my pride and just tell myself it was not worth it.  BM has never sent anything with SS since he was born.  Even though we pay an outrageous amount of child support we also have to buy our own clothes,  when he was a baby we had to get our own diapers and formula.  It always bothered me, but sometimes you just have to pick and choose the battles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't have your DH "question" her again... I would have him simply say:

"BM I know you cashed the check. I called the bank and it was cashed on 12/24.  Im not going to play games with you or enable your lying anymore. We both know you lied and in the future - know that this will not happen again"

Leave it at that... if you play a back and forth "I did... I didn't" game, shes just winning the first.  You know she cashed it - the bank TOLD you it was cashed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She admitted to cashing the money order because she said the envelope was damaged.  DH asked her why did you pick it up and what does the envelope being damaged have to do with you cashing the money order and BM said it was a long story aka I don't have enough time to think of a lie right now.  I was thinking DH could send her an email just to get it in writing that it was sent and cashed as she said and the repayment still has not arrived as she said it would. 
    Misty & Victor Jr. Married August 5, 2006 - St. John, USVI BFP 11/1/09 - Natural M.C. 11/30/09
  • Options
    I say drop it. It is $15-is it worth your time, energy and sanity to think about it? Probably not.
  • Options

What a cvnt!  Let it go.  Is there anyway you can pay for the baggage ahead of time, next time?  Not sure if you mentioned whether you pay for the airline tickets - perhaps during this time you can pay?  Some airlines do this....not sure about all?  I just can't believe a MOTHER wouldn't send her kid with clothes.  What a jerk off.

• Options
    imageFloF9:

What a cvnt!  Let it go.  Is there anyway you can pay for the baggage ahead of time, next time?  Not sure if you mentioned whether you pay for the airline tickets - perhaps during this time you can pay?  Some airlines do this....not sure about all?  I just can't believe a MOTHER wouldn't send her kid with clothes.  What a jerk off.

We tried to pay for the luggage fee at the time we made the reservation but Continental Rep told us it had to be done in person at the airport.  We do pay for their plane tickets.  Going forward they will not need luggage, this last time we learned our lesson

• Options

imagexmaryrickx:
    I say drop it. It is $15-is it worth your time, energy and sanity to think about it? Probably not.

It's really not the money, I just don't like being played for a fool.  I'll just let it be and know that she does not have good luck because of the kind of person she is

• Options
    imageMimiUVIbride:

imagexmaryrickx:

It's really not the money, I just don't like being played for a fool.  I'll just let it be and know that she does not have good luck because of the kind of person she is

Exactly. Let it go. Don't let it happen again, and sit back  and watch the Karma Bus run her ass over.

• Options
    imageFloF9:

I don't send them with clothes. Maybe when she's old enough to take care of them. But no way did I shell out money for her clothes so he can send them back missing, stained or otherwise fuuked up. But I don't play games either. He knows I'm not sending them so I wouldn't take money saying I'll send the clothes and then not do it.

Click me, click me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"