North Carolina Babies
Options

Eh... so that was kind of pointless.

ok, not entirely...

But, the lady at the staffing agency basically told me that I was overqualified for the position. She said that while the company would be thrilled to have me, that she just could not place me in that job because it does not meet my career hopes or goals at all, and would leave me very stagnant, with little room to move up. She also said they needed someone ASAP, and I'm not available for 5 weeks. She alluded to all of this on the phone yesterday when she asked if I was still interested even after hearing the salary (which was way less than I hoped to be making, but was willing to consider assuming there was room to grow).. It is a non-profit agency too, so I can't imagine I'd be raking in the big bucks in the forseeable future either.. Oh well.

It stinks to be at a place right now where yes, I want to think about "a career" not just "a job".. but at the same time, I just need a job, and am willing to accept something I'm overqualified for right now. Even a job where I'd make 40% less than the job I lost this summer. Ugh.. it all goes back to that.. Bastards. 

Anyway, the good news is, I have an application on file with another agency now, and she has a couple of other companies who have needed people like me in the past, who she is going to contact for me. She says she will definitely be looking for something for me.. 

Eh.. oh well. At least I got some more interviewing experience, and got a little time to myself today, and the IL's got some time with the baby all to themselves. :-) They're so cute--I walked in and the 3 of them were lumped together on the loveseat, with Holly sleeping on MIL. I could tell they were just in heaven. hehe.. 

So...strike one, but I'll keep chuggin' along... :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Eh... so that was kind of pointless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"