Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

wish I didn't have to be here

I had a miscarriage today - after 7 weeks 5 days.  It come out naturally. The positive thing is that I don't need a D&C.  But I am so very sad.  We are a bit older (36) and were so excited to be expecting.  I am afraid and unsure of the journey as I long to be a mom and for my DH to be a dad.

How do you keep moving on in normal days after this loss?

Re: wish I didn't have to be here

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  Moving on is hard... I found that gettting back into my regular routine (gym, work, etc) really helped.  Also, hanging out on this board for support has been wonderful.
  • Options

I am so sorry you are here.  ::big hugs:: Just take thing one day at a time. Things will seem to be good then bad then good again, the rollercoaster is not a fun one. Take time to grieve, cry if you feel the need. Let us know if you need any thing. ::hugs:: again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    is it weird to start thinking about when is it OK to try again?
  • Options

imageL2theC42:

Not at all... thinking about trying again just means that you want a baby, not that you don't wish you were still pregnant with your other baby.

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.   (((((((hugs)))))))))  I have to agree that going back to my old routine as soon as possible helped me a lot after our loss. 
  • Options

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. ((HUGS)) This is a great board for support and advice though!

I've gotten through this by realizing it's not my fault and it's nothing I did. DH and I try to keep ourselves busy and think about the future.

• Options
    imageLeah&Cole:

imageL2theC42:

Not at all... thinking about trying again just means that you want a baby, not that you don't wish you were still pregnant with your other baby.

I think that's a good way of putting it. It took me a little while to get the excitement back about TTC, but it's fun to feel hopeful. I'm still sad about the loss, but it so helps to look forward to our next try.  

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have just been taking it one day at a time and focusing on what's ahead instead of looking behind.
  • Options

I'm so sorry.

It is not weird at all to think about trying again. You wanted a child and you still do. You can't replace the baby you lost, but you can still be a mother and father and have a child together.

Everyone copes in their own way... try to take care of yourself and allow yourself to feel whatever you're feeling. There is no "wrong" way to deal with a m/c, you just do what you need to do to get through it.?

• Options

I am really sorry for your loss.  I did take two days just to clear my head and cry, and believe it or not, it helped.  Then I painted one of our bathrooms last night, and that seemed to help.  I just need to keep busy. 

Remember, you got pregnant, so that means you have proven fertility.  You will get pregnant again.  Good Luck and Hugs.

• Options

imageL2theC42:

I don't think so, I keep thinking I can't wait to try again too.  My doc says they like to wait until there is a normal menstral cycle before starting ttc again so that your body can get back to normal.  But I did ask him if it was horrible if something happend before the normal cycle, and he just smiled and said no. (then he said that is how him and his wife were with their first child).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"