Cincinnati Babies
Options

Baptism Gown

Hello!  Has anyone had their wedding dress altered into a baptismal gown?  If so, could you please recommend your seamstress? 

Thank you,

Jenny

Re: Baptism Gown

• Options
    I don't have any recommendations but I'm curious to see if anyone does.  I'd love to have mine made into a first communion dress.
  • Options

Oh, that is a really great idea too! 

Mine is still sitting in the closet from over 5 years ago and I just thought it would be neat to be able to use it again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should get a response to this...I know someone on here did and it turned out goregous!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did this for my daughter and I loved how it turned out. A family friend is the one who did it for me. I will ask her first if she is looking for referrals because she doesn't do it as a business, just a hobby. It was great because she didn't completely mangle my dress. She actually sewed it back together nicely. I have plenty left if I choose to make a different type of outfit for a boy or to make a 1st communion dress. When I get home, I will post a picture of it.
  • Options

Thanks, Megan!  I really appreciate it.

Jenny

• Options
    My mom made my grandmother's wedding gown into DS's baptismal garment.  We had to have the dress restored first as my Nana never had it preserved.  We took it to Anthony's Cleaners (who did an amazing job btw) and they said they had recommendations for seamstresses in case my mom had a hard time.  Maybe you could call them?
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Jennie - Thank you so much!  I will give them a call. 

Thanks again!

Jenny

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"