Working Moms
Options

My DD LOVES going to "school"

I always knew DD loves going to "school" but this morning she especially was super excited. There we were on the floor outside of her class taking off her coat when  suddenly she gives me the biggest cheekiest grin, pushed my hands aside and crawled so fast over me to get to the door! Once she was at the door she stood up and started to bang on it; calling out to her friends! It was hilarious and really made my day.

I really do feel grateful for having a wonderful job and career, a great DH (who only annoys me some of the time..haha), a healthy, smart and cute daughter and a fantastic daycare center I can trust!

I'd love to hear your great daycare stories!

Re: My DD LOVES going to "school"

• Options
    My DD loves going as well. In fact, I took her today on her 'day off' since we were iced in yesterday and she missed her 'buddies'.  She jumped out of the car, said "bye bye mama" and ran inside before I even got her brother out of the carseat!
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Awww

DS always loved his daycare.  - we called it school, too.  By the time he was 5 years old, he had been with the same kids since they were all babies.  They were all best friends, we were at each other b-day parties, it was really sad when kindergarten started and all the kids had to go to different schools.  The place became like family, I know I trusted those girls more than most of my own family members :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hahaha....that's adorable!  I can always tell that DS is looking for the other babies when he is home with just us on the weekends. 
  • Options

That is so sweet! My guys love their daycare.  Today, I just know my boys are going to run in to my arms at 5:30 with their shirts covered with some kind of paint stains or goop or dirt.....

Last week, their teacher called my DH in the middle of the day because she had to tell him how much fun the boys were having splashing in rain puddles!

One more - DH and I realized this week that my boys will be moving over to the PRESCHOOL side of the daycare in a few months! How is that possible? They are still my wee little babies!

• Options
    DD has been at home for 3 months with DH since he was laid off.  We try to take her to school at least every couple of weeks so she'll remember it when she goes back.  We went yesterday and she took off running and was so excited to see everyone.  I know she misses interacting with the other toddlers.  And I miss her teachers too!  They really are a big part of our lives and it feels like a community there. 
  • Options

I know- isnt it great that the kids love it :) Even though she comes home covered in god knows what- she's have a ball and learning so much! I love it!

BTW- Congratulations to Madhatter!! Yipee!

• Options
    Mine too.  He's gotten really good and walking right in and sitting down for breakfast.  Then he says "bye-bye" happily.  He even has an Assistant Director who he especially loves and calls by name (sometimes even from the car when he can see her through the window into one of the rooms when we arrive). :)
  • Options
    Both of my girls love school too.  It always makes me feel so good as I know they are happy and they are learning.  My girls, mainly my older DD at this point, have learned so much, they eat foods that I would have never dreamed of giving them and I really trust and like the teachers.  I am actually friends with one of the teachers who recently left due to a difficult pregnanacy.  My odler DD started the preschool program at the beginning of the year and man, does she love it.  She has a small group of friends that she has been in class with since we started at 12 weeks.  They all have June birthdays and they stick together like a pack.  I feel for her teacher.  I walked in yesterday and the group of them were all together sitting at a table and the teacher told me they had all been running which they are not supposed to do and one of the kids fell so they all fell on top of her.  I could so picture them all together.  We do play dates on the weekends too.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    My DD loves it too. Every morning we talk about how she is going to school (In home daycare) and Mommy is going to work. Her babysitter is awesome and I love picking her up every day! I seriously get butterflies in my stomach before I get off work, knowing I get to pick up my little girl. I thought that would go away as she got older, but they don't! I enjoy every minute with her in the morning and evening and love to hear all the new things she learns at day care. I think to myself, "Wow. If I had her home all day with me, I probably wouldn't teach her this stuff."  I don't know all the fun songs and games to play with a toddler. It's better for us to have her in day care.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to say, I love hearing these stories!  My daughter started DC three weeks at 12 weeks old, and the very first day I had a meltdown at the school because I felt so guilty leaving her there.  Since then I have gotten the feeling that she enjoys being around the other kids and likes her teachers, but these stories make me feel like she really does and that it's a good thing she's there.  =)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Isn't it a great feeling.  Billy practically pushes me out of the door when I drop him off in the morning.  It's so much more exciting for him then being at home with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"