Working Moms
Options

Stupid comment

So I work 6 hours in the office right now and 2 from home and I pump at work twice a day. In March, I have to go back to 9 hours in the office. My boss asked if I'll "have the breastfeeding thing 'worked out' by then."

It's comments like these that feel like subtle digs at the fact that I'm now a working mom. Sigh.

FWIW, my boss is a woman too! (not a mom tho)

Re: Stupid comment

• Options

o.m.g. I'm sorry. I wouldn't really do anything because I need my job, but feel free to post what you want to say/do. I'll start:

Yes, I will be needing to pump one more time so that my child can get FED. Thank you.

Or, I'd say, "You know, those discrimination laws are so confusing- I'd hate to be tied up in court for years due to having a loose tounge at work.

Question: When Oakley turns 6 months, will you need to pump more or less since he'll be eating solids?

• Options
    imagestar173:

o.m.g. I'm sorry. I wouldn't really do anything because I need my job, but feel free to post what you want to say/do. I'll start:

Yes, I will be needing to pump one more time so that my child can get FED. Thank you.

Or, I'd say, "You know, those discrimination laws are so confusing- I'd hate to be tied up in court for years due to having a loose tounge at work.

Question: When Oakley turns 6 months, will you need to pump more or less since he'll be eating solids?

Hee hee thanks!  :)

And it's definitely possibly that he'll be taking less BM but I have no idea! We feed on demand I just go with the flow for now...so I guess we'll see how it all work out! I am NOT stopping pumping tho just because she thinks it's annoying...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Next time just stare blankly at her and say "What do you mean?". Let her explain it and start squirming.
  • Options
    I agree with the "what do you mean?" response.  Stuff like that makes me glad I have a male boss who just runs away at the mention of "breast pump."

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

How obnoxious.  You could always pretend to misunderstand her and tell her yes, all the kinks are worked out and and your bf/pumping schedule is going great!

What a jackhole though, truly.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd say I don't understand the question.  My baby needs to be fed every x hours, so I need to pump milk for him that often.

Oh, and I'd say at 6 months you'll be pumping just as much.  Solids are more for practice at first.  I don't think I cut back on pumping until DD was 11 months or so.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

What?! You do have it figured out - she's the one that needs to figure it out?

I never got to cut back on my pumping - in fact at 11 months I added in anither session because of supply issues so I was getting up at 5:00 to pump for 20 minutes and then going back to bed for an hour.  Don't miss those days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOVE the "What do you mean"? idea.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"