Georgia Babies
Options

Temp of 104.5 yesterday

Going back to the doctor today at 3pm for a sick visit. Macy got her second flu shot yesterday and after her afternoon nap she was HOT! My hands were sweating holding her. I called the nurse and she said tylenol and to get Macy moving around to regulate her temperature and to keep doing it. Her temp finally started to settle down to 101. Then at 1:30am she woke up crying and HOT again. Her temp again was 104 and I continue to give her tylenol. This morning it was 103. The tylenol works for a couple of hours and then she spikes up again. She doesn't want to be put down, wants to be held all morning and then falls asleep while I'm holding her. Macy has already taken 3 naps before noon. You can see it in her eyes she's not feeling well. I'm hoping it's nothing serious but this high temp is freaking me out!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Temp of 104.5 yesterday

• Options
    Poor Macy!  I would be worried, too.  Please let us know what the doctor says.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Carter had a bug a couple months ago and all he did was want to be held and was so mopey :( He also had 104.5. I did tylenol and it broke it.  They say you can also alternate between tylenol/motrin if that doesnt help.  Carter was ok after a couple days.  Just wanted to let you know - but def keep docs in loop!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh poor baby! I hope the temp breaks and that the Dr visit goes well. Now I am  nervous for that 2nd flu shot. I hope she feels better.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this and hope Macy is well soon!  I would be freaked too...you're not alone.  Hang in there and good luck!
  • Options
    Oh you poor things!  I hope that fever breaks for good and Macy is all better soon!  Definitely keep us posted.

• Options
    I hate to hear poor Macy is sick...those high fevers are scary.  Last high fever we had, we did tylenol and then motrin  every 3 hours - she would get tylenol, 3 hours later motrin, 3 hours later Tylenol....you get it..... at our doctors advice.  You can always call the CHOA nurse line for reassurance or advice......also, I call my doctor whenever I think "hmmm should I call" even after a visit just to be safe.  Hoping her fever breaks soon!  When Sarah gets a fever she is extra cuddly which I hate her being sick, but I do love those cuddles. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"