South Florida Babies

Starting to plan the baptism...

I always said I would never be one of those parents who go over the top for birthday parties and baptisms, etc- but now that she's here, I only want the best for her! LOL!

I'm doing brunch (or lunch) in my parents backyard after the church. They have a pool and it's a nice setup... anyhow I need some recomendations!

I need a caterer. I'm picturing a caterer that will come, set up a buffet and then come pick it all up when it's all over type thing... Know a company that does this?

I also would like to rent tables, chairs and linens...

Please tell me who you've used and who you like!

THANKS!

Mari

Re: Starting to plan the baptism...

• Last year for our company picnic we used:

Catering Concepts, 954-475-4083, cateringconcepts.com

The person I dealt with is Sharon Muriente.

We went with burgers and stuff since it was casual (it was in the parking lot next to our building). But we also rented a tent and tables/chairs.  They had a pretty good selection of food though - too bad our event was so casual.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi, it depends on what level of event you're looking for. I had Zona Fresca in Fort Lauderdale cater a few of our casual parties and they were wonderful and affordable. Oh, and yummy food! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • What kind of food did you have in mind? I am assuming that your parents are in Miami Lakes too, so i will suggest my cousin's restaurant, that is REALLY close to your house, 67th and the palmetto, next to the library.  They serve, catrer, deliver, etc. spanish cuisine... like from SPAIN lol Tell them I sent you, they will give you ANYTHING you want.  its called El Pimiento and their food is great, the number is 305.326.8181 Tiffany is my cousin she runs it, her fiance, is the owner and culinary director.  Also i have the number to a place that i have not used, but was considering them for my next event, the website is www.jump-4-kids.com the card i have says that they rent tables, chairs and tableware.  HTH Let me know if you need my help with anyhting else.

Do you have a dress for her?

• By any chance is Milo her fiancee???? Before I got pregnant, my dh and our friends would go to El Pimiento about twice a month...I love it there!!!!
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have Mikey's baptism next month and am trying to finalize the last little bit of details. The reception/lunch will be in my house and am calling local italian restaurants who cater/deliver, and I rent may tables and chairs frm Magic's Party Rental in Hialeah Gardens.

• I just went yesterday to Chan's Silk Flowers (they are a warehouse that sell party stuff, favors, candies, ribbon, etc)... 305-593-2695 located at 5300 NW 72 Avenue. I bought the small organza bags, mini-rosaries, and candies there. 
    • Since I will be making my own flower centerpieces the night before...I bought the vases and ribbon at Quality Wholesale located at 7070 NW 50th Street (behind the Wachovia).
    • I ordered the flowers (blue hydrangeas and white roses) from Sunshine Flowers 305-599-2155 located at 3100 NW 72 Avenue Unit 111.

I have a file with ideas for decorations and invites...let me know if you want me to forward it to you :o)

• YES! Mylo is her fiance =]  I used to go there alll the time too, for disco nights and all, me you and Mari should make girls nights to go share some wine and hang every once in a while!  Do you live in Maimi Lakes too?
  • I used to live in the townhouses that are right across from El Pimiento, but we moved 3 years ago!! I am now right up the street at the Dade/Broward line :o)
  • a lot of paella places cater/deliver and do all the table settings as well.

last i checked i think it was like $15-25 p/p though

check out: https://paellaparty.com/Home.php

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"