Breastfeeding

Drinking soda question

Does anyone else's baby have a problem when you drink soda? My DD projectile vomits everytime I drink it. Is it the carbonation??
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Drinking soda question

• The carbonation can't get into breastmilk.  Maybe it's something else in the soda?  I've never had that problem.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have never had that problem either, but some babies can be sensitive to the most random things.  My Dr said he had a patient who's child spit up when she ate cucumbers, even just one slice and the baby would react to it.  I doubt it is the carbonation though, maybe the syrup or the caffeine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never had that problem.  They say you can drink 4 cans of soda each day and be fine.  I've noticed a difference in my DS's fussiness level if I drink more than 2, but no spit up.  Two is what I drank each day while preggo too... 

Maybe try eliminating it for a few days and see if it makes a difference??  (For me this would be a really bad thing, so I don't envy you in the least!!!)

• She could be sensitive to the caffeine.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I avoided caffiene with DD1 (while PG), so while BF she didn't tolerate ANY either.  With DD2, I drank 1 diet coke a day while PG (moving, stress), but I can drink LOTS of caffiene and it doesn't affect her.  But, I have not been able to get off of it to see if she'd STTN w/o it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"