Pregnant after 35

bleeding gums

So I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but the bleeding has begun. My gums have always been somewhat sensitive since I got 4 crowns like 10 years ago & are now bleeding evry time I brush. My last cleaning was 4 mths ago.  Anyone else with this problem?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bleeding gums

• YES!  Started about 3 weeks ago for me.  I didn't realize that it might be pregnancy related.
  • Yep, when I floss.  I normally have no teeth problems, but this preg and my last preg, I have had this problem.  It goes away along with the heart burn, carpel tunnel, and peeing when I bend over as soon as I give birth!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a very common thing with pg.  You can try rinsing your mouth once or twice a day with a warm salt water rinse.  That really helps stop gums from bleeding.
  • I had it during most of my last pregnancy - it went away completely within days of delivery. ? My dentist gave me some special mouthwash to use - I can't remember the name of it.
  • Do you floss and rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash (like Listerine)?  I have maintained my pre-preg flossing & rinsing routine and I experienced only very minimal bleeding for a few weeks during first trimester.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • I'm starting to have a little bleeding after I floss so I'm going to schedule a cleaning at the dentist. It's def. pg-related, another fun symptom!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"