Breastfeeding

Nursing/Breast Pad Recommendations?

Hi ladies - I wanted to go out and pick up a small box of nursing/breast pads to have on hand after I have DS and was wondering which you recommend. I'm leaning towards disposable ones but I'm not sure.

Recommendations?

Re: Nursing/Breast Pad Recommendations?

• I use the Lansinoh disposable nursing pads (purple box). They are nice because they have a little sticky patch that will stick in your bra. I wouldn't want to be looking for my nursing pad. My luck it would end up somewhere that everyone could see it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For disposables the Lansinoh ones work well.  But I prefer the reusable ones that you can buy off of etsy sellers.  They are made of the same stuff a cloth diaper is (but thinner) and don't crinkle like the Lansinoh ones do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto lansinoh.  I tried reusable ones by lansinoh and maybe medela also (can't remember which brands, but I bought them at target or the supermarket) and I wouldn't recommend them.  They're very thick and I leaked straight through them in the early days.  Maybe the ones the pp referred to work better.  I've also heard about wool ones that work well, but haven't tried them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies.  Until I have LO and get established I'm going to try the lansinoh ones but I'm going to look into the etsy ones.
  • I use bamboo ones beacuse they are eco friendly + bamboo is naturally antibacterial,hypoalergenic & deodorizing!!!

They come in diff. designs so it's fun to pick them out - I have 4 sets of 2 as of now but need more cause I wash them in cold water alone - then air dry.

There is one lady on Esty that has cool ones ~ Her Co. name is like Southern Bells or something 

-Mel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

• I use Playtex disposable nursing pads (pink and blue box). When I was working outside the home and pumping, I used Curity disposable nursing pads (pink box with white lettering), because they're individually wrapped, which was best for traveling.

HTH

ETA: Both brands have the little sticky patch so that they stay in place.

• do not stock pile on them- some people just dont leak, others are faucets. i used the johnson and johnson ones and loved them. but its all personal preference
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I used Lansinoh brand and it worked great.
  • I have smaller breasts even now so the Lansinoh ones were HUGE for me.  I tried Gerber and leaked all over.  Once I discovered the Johnson and Johnson disposables I have never looked back.  They also have the sticky tab, but I rarely use them. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I really liked the Lansinoh breast pads.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"