North Carolina Babies

Name Poll--what do you think

Ok, I need to Poll the audience! DH had this epiphany on our daughter's middle name---which just happens to be the SAME middle name as one of my closest friend's little girl. (Who was just born). DH swears he didn't even remember the name and just thought of it, which I can totally believe because he's a guy--middle names of friend's babies probalby wouldn't stick in his mind.

But...the name is not that common and I would totally feel like I "stole" it. I am not hung up on using it, and friend said she wouldn't care, but I still feel weird about it. DH loves the name and we have had BIG name issues. ::sigh:: Tell me what you think. I have NO idea what to do, or even I would personally want to do it. Just wanted to know what you guys thought. :)

[Poll]
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Name Poll--what do you think

• Use it!!!!!
  • I voted use it.  If it is going to be your little girl's middle name then it won't be an issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted use it.  But I can TOTALLY relate.  One of the girl names we picked out before we were even pg ended up being used by some friends of ours as their little girl's middle name.  So when I did get pg, I felt like it was taken and I couldn't use it anymore.  We ended up with a boy, so it didn't matter.  But I honestly don't know if we would have used it for a girl.  So, I say you should use it.  But if YOU feel like you shouldn't, then don't.  But I'm sure no one else would care, or even notice for that matter.  Especially a middle name.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If it were a sister or other family member i might think no, but really how many people know both of you well enough to even realize your daughters have the same middle name?
  • It might be weird for like a year, but then no one will even remember that they have the same middle name. I say go for it! It's so hard to find a name that both parents agree on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Use it! As someone who has an uncommon name, I think it's really cool when I meet people who have the same name as me.  The girls definitely won't mind having the same middle name, and if you like it & your friend doesn't care, then you should definitely use it.
  • If your friend doesn't mind, then I say use it.  I think the person that it will affect the most will be you - so if you're happy with it, do it!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"