Breastfeeding
Options

breastmilk bottles

I'm still very early on but I know that since this will be my in-laws first grandchild they will go crazy and start buying tons of stuff. I want to breastfeed as long as possible and will have to go to work. Any recommendations on bottles?? I've read numerous posts on what to store frozen milk in and I know that bottles come with the pump, but there's usually only a couple and I would like to have extras on hand if possible.?

Re: breastmilk bottles

• Options
    I pump directly into Dr. Brown's bottles.  Both DD1 and DD2 took/take them well.
  • Options
    I pump into the bottles and then transfer to the lansinoh bags to freeze
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto. Avoid dr brown's if you can, they're a pita. Each bottle is 5 parts.
  • Options
    I pump into the medela bottles then pour into the bm storage bags to freeze. As far as feeding her ( I EP) we use Dr. Browns, yes they are a bit more work to clean but I feel it is worth it.
  • Options
    I pump into the medela bottles and then transfer to the lansinoh bags to freeze. I also have the first years milk storage organizer and love it. I use the gerber NUK bottles, they dont leak and DS likes them. I first had the advent and even with the newborn nipples the milk came to fast.
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I pump into the medela bottles that come with my pump and I transfer them to either the Lansinoh BM freezer bags or to the Playtex Vent Aire bottles.  When she is not breastfeeding DD uses the Playtex Vent Aire bottles in the wide size and we are using the slow flow nipples.  She is 7 weeks and drinks 4 oz at a time so the 6 oz bottles are working great. HTH
  • Options
    We use the playtex drop-ins.  They make a kit with an adapter so that you can pump directly into the drop-in.  Otherwise, I pump into the bottles that came with the pump and pour it into the bottles or into a freezer bag.  I also bought some extra of the medela bottles.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I pump directly into the Medela bottles if I plan on using them soonish. Otherwise I pump into the Medela storage bags (because they can attach right onto the pump), but the Medela storage bags can be a bit expensive. I also found that the glass Evenflo bottles fit on my Medela PIS, so I sometimes pump into those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"